Thank you SoE for allowing Safe Gold, Power Levelling and Service SPECIAL gold farm!!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Kyro Cilliani, Feb 15, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Kyro Cilliani Guest

I'd like to extend my thanks to SoE for graciously allowing a very special type of farmer that is dear to me run rampant through the magic lands of Norrath! Why in my online period of only about an hour today I've gotten 4 tells from several of my very special friends that have such special services JUST FOR ME! WOW! Now I know that buying money from a guy named "Ofiefoige", "Bgraoirg", "Ediaoef" or even "Okokaef" might be frowned upon and even AGAINST :shock: the SoE ToS, but I can take solace in the fact of your complete inability to change absolutely minor things (preventing Trial of the Isle characters from sending tells to people who actually pay for the game) (preventing people from a very special location from registering a Trial of the Isle account) that if I ever decide to buy from one of my randomly generated friends, they'll always be there for me, sending me tells with SAFE POWER LEVEL and their little URL attached. I'm glad to hear that there'll be rules bent for very special groups of 6 boxers that consist of a guardian, a fury and 4 wizards/warlocks, however. I know that when I see a group of them zoning in and out of the Forbidden Sepulcher in Everfrost that there's nothing shady about that! :D Also I visited the website and "safe power levelling service" has been shut down for the chinese new year :(
  2. ARCHIVED-Andok Guest

I don’t mind the /tells because they are easy to ignore. What really irks me about these guys is that they’re taking all of the cool names! :mrgreen:
  3. ARCHIVED-interstellarmatter Guest

Are you just being a smart *** or are you serious?
  4. ARCHIVED-Xagoth Guest

[p]He is being sarcastic.[/p][p] [/p][p]And add me to the list of people who are sick of the tells and mail I get ingame for this garbage.[/p][p] [/p][p]It really seems to me at the very LEAST they could make it where you cant send tells off of newbie island. And at the very most (yes, I realize this might actually take some WORK) they could track these people down. It wouldnt be hard. All SOE needs to do is make a character and play for an hour or two. When one of these idiots sends them a tell, follow up on it. Buy some of their plat and then trace back to where the plat originated and then start banning accounts.[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Dasein Guest

Kyro Cilliani wrote:
    They prevent trial characters from sending tells, but paying customers can send tells even from the newbie zones. Changing this is not a minor thing. I presume your 'very special location' is China, a fairly large country of about 1.3 billion people and home to the largest MMO market in the world? At what point does the crusade against RMTs end up hurting your game more than RMTs do?
  6. ARCHIVED-Echgar Guest

There is already at least one other thread regarding this issue on this forum (along with several on the old forums). While I appreciate the sarcastic humor, I don't think another thread on this subject is really necessary. The developers are painfully aware of this issue as they get the same /tells everyone else does. Until a better solution is launched, please /report players in game that are spamming their plat selling message as described in this post.