Thank You Devs!

Discussion in 'Lore and Legend Discussion' started by Proto12, Feb 16, 2022.

1. Proto12 Active Member

I just want to take a moment to thank everyone involved in creating and trying something new with this server. I really like the idea of it, and I think the fully realized form of this server has potential to engage people who have found themselves put off by the new direction of the live servers (by the mechanics or otherwise), or by the cutthroat and temporary nature of the TLEs.

I can already tell people are going to give the server a lot of flack on the forums and elsewhere, and it's possible the first wave of ideas and initial implementation might fall a little flat for most of the player base, but I hope the team sticks with it and sees the potential of the server's theory in the same way that I and many others do :D
    Denmum, Doobius40504, Arazmus and 2 others like this.
  2. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

So how does this new server not get to where live is down the road ?

I mean I am just not getting now this server helps that.
  3. Nytegamer New Member

I'm always all for trying a new server when it launches and I just started looking into an MMO to play after taking a short break from gaming. I tried New World but tired of it a few weeks ago.

Right before NW I was trying to get back into live EQ2, but then got sidetracked.... but I was also off put with some live EQ2 things like the huge inflation and being able to faceroll things ten levels or more higher than my Necro because of the pets apparently getting huge boosts from certain AA's. (I was trying to narrow down where all the power was coming from when I got sidetracked with NW. There were a couple of AA's that seemed to be the culprit, but I forget now)

I'm interested in this server launch (although I have this 3 day weekend I wanted to play during and the launch is on Tuesday...)

With no leveling xp needed and even gear (starter?) being provided it seems like it might feel like there's no reason to be there. I did see that there would be gear upgrades available even from lower levels and I'm aware that where ever I go I will be the correct level.

I read somewhere that earning achievements will be like a "currency" in the game.

Is anyone able to elaborate more on what the exact point of the server is and what we will do with earning achievements?

I've always enjoyed the leveling process and earning or upgrading new abilities and not paid much attention to achievements aside from doing the heritage quests when it was all new to me. I'm trying to figure out what will be my motivation for playing here. (maybe nothing, but I hope to find the reason I need) :)
  4. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I'd started typing a whole thing out, but I don't have it in me. Go pour yourself a couple of shots and read the beta forum.
    Zenji, Proto12 and Nytegamer like this.
  5. Nytegamer New Member

I did start reading the beta forum. I didn't have the shots though. I should have the shots.

(I downloaded the beta and am about to go try it. Also, if you did feel like typing anything out about the new server, I'm sure it would be interesting)
    Jaden likes this.
  6. Proto12 Active Member

Lol, I second Meaghans sentiments.

I wanted to make this thread to let the devs know that, no matter how the server goes (if it succeeds or utterly bombs) I appreciate them trying something new.

At the end of the day, I'll take multiple new TLE servers that are totally broken with lots of issues, than another expansion and a continuation of all of the design philosophy, mechanics, and game direction of the live servers.
    Jaden likes this.
  7. Proto12 Active Member

Happy Launch day!! Just gotta bump the thread. I'm looking forward to seeing you all in Norrath, and exploring the game in this new TLE form :).
    Jaden likes this.
  8. Jadefox New Member

I'll jump in after work. Hopefully there's not a crazy queue.

--Hopeful Jade