Testers crate

Discussion in 'Testers Only' started by ARCHIVED-Quart, Sep 25, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Quart Guest

what exactly was required to qualift for \aITEM -575082286 1770021489:Tester's Crate of Appreciation\/a ? I want the title ):
  2. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Like the one from the Skyshrine testing, you probably had to be in the right place at the right time & assist in a group/raid run when a dev was present or you don't get anything.
    Looking at that one, it appears it was awarded for testing Sleeper's before it went live.
  3. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

I suppose it was handed out by Kander for Sleeper's Tomb.

btw, you (devs) might want to fix the GU63 testing title which looks like that and obviously doens't work:
    \aITEM -1232882177 789624870 0:[Game Update it3 Test Title: AITLE>]\/a
    \aITEM -1232882177 789624870 0:Titre du test de la mise à jour du jeu n° 63: UnITRE>\/a"
    (link from Test and Storms)
  4. ARCHIVED-Lizabethan Guest

Whil is right, the title didn't work. Everything else came out of the crate fine but the title was never fixed! But that's alright, it was a nice gesture all the same :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Lizabethan wrote:
    Yup, title was broken. When you consumed it, it went to no-where-ville. It was a nice gesture regardless.

To answer the OP, this particular crate was given out as (my assumption) an apology to the testers who heavily tested GU63 but were excluded from the one that Kander gave out. Maybe that's not the only reason, but that's how I saw it at the time. Regardless, it was a nice gesture, no matter what the reasoning behind doing it was. It would be nice if they continue to hand them out for any GU/expansion tests.
  6. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

There's 2 different crates there Cyliena.
    The one in the OP has a title for helping to test Sleeper's tomb (Tomb's vanquisher \aITEM 888996680 -1301823949 0:[Title: "Tomb Vanquisher"]\/a )
    The one we got after GU63 had the exact same items in it but a different title (the one that's broken).
  7. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Whilhelmina@Storms wrote:
    Ahhh, my bad, not in-game so just assumed it was the GU63 one. Glad to hear that they continued the crates, then.
  8. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

Whilhelmina@Storms wrote:
    Who is this " we " of whom you speak? asked the little troll.
  9. ARCHIVED-Irgun Guest

Too bad its no automatic pling you get the crate once you did a run in ST on beta - did it in the middle of the night with a few guildmates and cleared zone, plus doing the survey.
    Need title!
  10. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

We are aware that the title granted from the GU63 was indeed broken. Unfortunately its not easily fixed. We made a new one that was for Sleeper's Tomb testing and it should be working fine. This crate was handed out by me to those who helped test the raid/heroic content primarily for the few weeks before Sleeper's Tomb was released.
    These rewards were not just given out to everyone who tested the content. In most cases the only players who recieved these reward packs were players who dedicated a very large amount of time to testing very specific things with developers. In most cases these players gave up a very large amount of personal time testing things over and over in weird ways looking for potential issues that would be game breaking.
    We are looking into other ways of rewarding players for their testing time going forward that will more accurately catch those who help in off hours but as of right now we don't have such a system in place.
  11. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

Gninja wrote:
    A rose by any other name... Once again, a way to show favoritism and exclude people. I personally couldn't care less about your pixel dust gifts and titles. I do however, care about fairness and making everyone feel part of the process.
  12. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

Well, for my part, after the outcry concerning Kander's gift in GU 63 for Skyshrine, I was contacted by Omougi for the GU63 title (and spoke about it on test chat).
    The process should be automated though. I know I "deserved" the GU63 title, but I was "visible" (lots of bugs reported on the boards and such). Helping directly with devs makes you visible, but are you "seen" if you only send /bug or /feedback while in game for example?
    Currently, it creates forms of favoritism and this cannot be a good solution.