Test Update Notes: Thursday Jul 20, 2023

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Bunji, Jul 20, 2023.

1. Bunji Developer

GENERAL
    • Added a /target_player <name> command which will only target PC players, and ignore NPC's, pets, mercenaries, punch, and even pie.

USER INTERFACE
    • Fixed an issue where spell effect and maintain spell icons would not display large numbers properly.
    ABILITIES
    • General
      • Corrected an issue that would allow wards to trigger a bonus critical type when calculating regeneration updates. Wards should only calculate their bonus critical type on application, including application triggered by zoning or respawning.
    • Wards
      • Fixed an issue where wards wouldn't respect damage types.
      • Fixed an issue where wards would fail to regenerate when large values were involved.
      • Fixed a crash issue related to "drain ward" abilities.
    • Illusionist
      • The duration of Bewilderment has been reduced to 1 second.
      • The duration of Chromatic Shower has been reduced to 1 second.
      • The duration of Stifle applied by Lockdown has been reduced to 3 seconds.
      • The duration of Paranoia has been reduced to 3 seconds.
      • The duration of Speechless has been reduced to 3 seconds.
    • Dirge
      • Corrected a stacking an issue with Riana's Relentless Precession from Dancing Precession's that caused it to conflict with the Dirge's own Riana's Relentless Tune
    • Berserker
      • Added a effect line to Overwhelming Force that indicates its maximum increment count.
    • Shaman
      • On a PVP server Immunities will now max out at a 50% chance for a 11.25% damage reduction.

ITEMIZATION
    • The following effects no longer function in PVP combat:
      • Unable to Scream
      • Arcane Fear I
      • Arcane Fear II
      • Arcane Fear III
      • Arcane Fear IV
      • Arcane Fear V
      • Arcane Fear VI
    • Re-worked how familiar infusion effects function to prevent a race condition that could cause one or more of their effects to fail after zoning.

QUESTS
    Familiar's Wild - Highland Chargers in Raj'Dur Plateaus are now properly classified as bovid for the quest.

ZONES AND POPULATION
    • Buried Takish'Hiz: Emergence From Stone [Raid]
      • The Weakened Veil curse should no longer attempt to apply to dead players.
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Herne Active Member

Why the nerf to the Illusionist?
  3. Smashey Well-Known Member

This is why PvP should have stayed dead in this title.

Poor Illusionists. They are already the black sheep of EQ2 and then get slapped again.
  4. Xray Active Member

This gotta be the most controversial change of eq2 pvp history. The devs surely heard the nerf calls some whiners asked for. There got to be some check and balances on some dramatic actors ruining the server. This is not defeding illusionists, it defending meaningful separation of classes and server health.
  5. SolarFaire Active Member

So, I take it some Illy got clever on a PvP server, so now an underperforming class on live has to be nerfed into oblivion? Seperate the mechanics from the live and pvp servers. Illys have been left in the dirt by coercers for the past couple of expansions, now this. Why o why did I renew all access last month?!?
  6. Sheepy New Member

Illy was so weak in 1v1 pvp because of pumice/cloack and now this nerf also.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. morderir Active Member

i would really appreciate some explanation about the reason and scope ( pvp server/live server) of the change of the illusionist spell given its current sad state .... before illu join brigand, bruiser and gardian in the endangered/near extinct species club ... and why similar coercer spell are not impacted ...
  8. Noel New Member

[/quote]
    So this is also a nerf to regenerative wards like Soul Shackle, a Mystics main ward. You're nerfing a class w/ ward bleed through. We've struggled with that fact for years. I want to know why? Why is it necessary?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Myxx like this.
  9. Beee Well-Known Member

Cool - what's the name of the command?

That's Info is missing
  10. Kodamungus Active Member

It's not /target_player?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Priority like this.
  11. Bunji Developer

Yes, it's /target_player <name>
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Beee and Twyla like this.
  12. Daarkstar Active Member

@devs
    Not sure who swung that nerf bat, but you have a very strong arm ;)

The correct values:

Coercer:
    • Silence: lower duration to 6 seconds in pvp combat.
    • Stupefy: lower duration to 3 seconds in pvp combat.
    • Medusa Gaze: lower duration to 5 seconds in pvp combat
    • Reek of Terror: increase duration to 6 seconds in pvp combat
    Illusionist:
    • Speechless: increase duration to 6 seconds in pvp combat.
    • Bewilderment: increase duration to 3 seconds in pvp combat.
    • Chromatic Shower: increase duration to 3 seconds in pvp combat.
    • Paranoia: increase duration to 5 seconds in pvp combat
    Please update this before EOF launch, thanks :)
  13. Jarvan Member

No hate speech against Dev's here or anything, I'm glad you're all trying to take steps to make pvp better, but you all really have to slow down with the nerf bat and actually think about the impact in PVP and server health.

I don't think anyone asked for Illy's to not be able to play the game, people just asked for mezz to be fixed so its breaking to dots properly, and for the 12 seconds pvp stifle to be brought down a bit.

I also really hope that the change to immunities was for PVP* combat only, and you all didn't just destroy immunities for PVE as well. This is why we have PVP templates in the game.

Making drastic changes like this is what makes the entire EQ2 community shun us and call for the downfall of pvp servers, because they think we wanted this for the whole game.

- daarkstars' durations seem to be a bit more reasonable and what we really needed.
  14. Kuulei Well-Known Member

But I like slapping Edene...
  15. Myxx <Into Harms Way> Maj'Dul

I wish they would think of the other players and other servers when they make these wide sweeping changes. If they want to do things so the gameplay is fair on the PvP server then by all means do that but why do they have to change Live as well?

The morale in my guild is so low from the last few "updates" that fewer and fewer people are logging in every day. The game population is already dwindling.. now the chanters feel even more useless and are talking of quitting.

You know what's fun? Blowing things up and knowing that you're helping your group or your raid force succeed. People spend hours working on their toons, min/maxing, paying for better spells , familiars and kronos. When you nerf classes, people take it personally. You're taking years of work and throwing it away, then you wonder why they give up and quit.

If Daybreaks intention is to make the game less fun and more tedious so everyone wants to quit I'd say they're doing a fantastic job. :(
  16. Daarkstar Active Member

All the other changes are great, really appreciate it. But the illy change was heavy-handed and shouldn't go to live. I don't think I've seen a positive comment in discord etc on this change yet.
  17. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Since healers with wards are the only ones who can solo heal current content, I don't really understand why you're messing with wards right now. We are relying on shaman to get everyone what they need...other healers have to hope for a spot in a heroic group as a 'backup healer' because they can't actually fully function without wards.

There are so few people logging in...if you break wards, I am certain that low number will be even lower. :( The content will be unplayable.
  18. Beee Well-Known Member

can you please change the actual life update notes from

• Added a target player command which will only target PC players, and ignore NPC's, pets, mercenaries, punch, and even pie.
    to
    • Added the /target_player <name> command which will only target PC players, and ignore NPC's, pets, mercenaries, punch, and even pie.
  19. DENSER Well-Known Member

Is it April 1st today?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Herne like this.
  20. Beee Well-Known Member

8 more months (and some few days) :)