Test Update Notes: Jun 28, 2023

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Jun 28, 2023.

1. Priority Well-Known Member

This is also interesting. You're so fixated on your rightness you can't even acknowledge that you have no clue what you're talking about.
  2. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

Any DoT or HoT that decreases duration means that your spell does the same amount of damage in a shorter amount of time. If you need assistance with this, please select any of the multitude of AAs that decrease dot duration and then look at the tooltip for the spell. You'll notice that it now applies its damage at intervals faster than the spell did before selecting the AA. What about this are you not understanding? Reducing duration is a massive DPS increase to every DoT.

Edit: Adding a photograph to assist you with comprehension. Please note that the total amount of damage that the spell is doing remains the same - and it still ticks 7 times. It just now ticks 7 times in 9 seconds instead of 14, which means the spell now does its full damage in 9 seconds instead of 14, AKA approximately a 33% DPS increase.
    [IMG]
    Beee, Daryx and Taled like this.
  3. Chikkin Well-Known Member

help an old blonde out please - does that mean the AA's that extend duration of our dots are useless? and I should never pick them? I believe I have a few of them as a fury
  4. Taled Well-Known Member

It depends entirely on what it actually does. A majority of things that extend the duration of spells that do damage are actually - like in the case of Rot Flesh above - extending the duration of a debuff that *happens* to have a DoT attached to it. Your damage from the spell is technically the same, but extended over a longer period so the DPS is lower. Much like the decreased duration does the same damage, but over a shorter time, so the DPS is higher. Since the recast tends to stay the same, it can be a toss up as to whether it is better without actually drilling into the specific abilities themselves.
    Twyla and Chikkin like this.
  5. Dinger Member

You're so fixated with proving you are right/smarter that you cant let this go even after you said you were done arguing 5 posts ago.

Who cares more about being right here?
    Priority likes this.
  6. Priority Well-Known Member

Good luck
  7. Thand Well-Known Member

For conj Eb still does supper low dps so 10 sec less reuse with not do much. And i do not think any Conj Ever said. I wish i could cast my Shards more Often!
    Beee likes this.
  8. Thand Well-Known Member

Yes it is per Stack but realiscly you will almost never have more than 1 maybe 2 stacks up at a time.I dought Any raid would be willinto to rime eveyetone using a shard at once to get 2 castest of eb for 1 petson in the raid
  9. Dinger Member

yeah you left out that the AA decreases the duration but increases effectiveness by 15 (hence the tooltip)

Looking back at the patch notes for necro epic it says "on increased count"

If that means that the dot is getting buffed like the many AA do on a shortened duration.. than its good.

Maybe thats what that means /shrug
  10. Taled Well-Known Member

I mean, I guess I shouldn't be surprised by a lack of reading comprehension, but you can't really try to claim that the AA does something the AA does not state anywhere on the image that it does?

Or do you honestly also think that 'Reduces power cost' (Meaning it *costs less to cast*) means that it will do more damage?

(Note that many AAs dont do the same things on live and TLE, and that screenshot is probably from TLE.)
    Priority and Hennyo like this.
  11. Dinger Member

[IMG]

I guess i can claim the AA does something.. because Evidently I can read..

Maybe in fact you need the reading comprehension work because I've been talking about the "Renewal of Ro" Epic spells.. which have nothing to do with TLE.
  12. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

The TLE version of the AA does not include the 15 increased effectiveness of Incinerate, only decreases the duration. An increase in the effectiveness would show you 15% increased damage on the spell, which you can clearly see between the versions linked here did not change.The only thing which changes is the duration (and thus the tick rate, notice the left-hand side ticks every 2 seconds and the right hand side ticks every 1.2 seconds). There are still 7 ticks of the spell, it's just that with the decreased DoT duration, the spell does its full damage over 9 seconds instead of doing its full damage over 14.

It doesn't matter that what was linked is from the TLE. Reducing DoT duration works the same way on both the TLE and the current live level of the game. The point of the linked image was to demonstrate to you how the mechanic works because you seem to be incapable of understanding this despite the numerous players in this thread who have attempted to explain this concept to you.

Decreasing the Necromancer DoT durations by increment count means that the the duration will be reduced by an amount equal to the increment. Without knowing the exact values of the dot duration decrease per increment, it is not possible to give you exactly how much the DPS will increase. All we know is that the spell will tick faster based on the amount that the duration of the DoT is decreased. What is true is that the damage per second (not the total damage amount per spell, just how fast each spell does its damage) is going to be increased by a proportionate value equal to the decrease in duration.

What all of this wall of text means is that...

Yes, you were confused. There was no nerf. There was only a buff.
    Priority likes this.
  13. Beee Well-Known Member

14. Priority Well-Known Member

15. Taled Well-Known Member

Looking up a different copy of the AA and stating that is why their spell changed is a distinct lack of reading comprehension, yes.

Being desperate to prove yourself correct by providing evidence that you are incorrect doesn't do yourself any favors.
    Priority likes this.
  16. Dinger Member

lol okay.. "looking up a copy of a different AA"

I am talking.. about live server AA ...

anyways good luck... better dots for everyone...and so forth.
  17. Taled Well-Known Member

Again, reading comprehension would be a great help to you here. The person who initially posted the image, that you replied to and claimed 'Well, yeah, of course the damage went up since it increased effectiveness!' plays on TLE where the AA does not do that.

Trying to claim that you were always talking about live, always talking about ROR epic spells, etc, is meaningless. You were wrong and just can't admit to it.

It's not a crime to not understand how something works. I don't understand a lot of things. What *is* idiotic, though, is to consistently profess your understanding with confused ramblings that are pointedly incorrect.
  18. Dinger Member

nah man i thought it was clear i was talking about live..

So yes you are correct it threw me a bit when someone linked me a TLE aa.