Test Server Spire/Dragon Ring - PLEASE set our progress correctly!

Discussion in 'Testers Only' started by ARCHIVED-Soresha, Jul 24, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Soresha Guest

Ok so... when we were testing the events, we got the spire to 99% and Gninja (I believe) then forced the event to completion. Once the ring was debugged and could actually be progressed, we'd also got that to 76% (according to other players in the test channel when I asked). There was some adjustment of the scaling going on at this point, so the % was going up and down a bit.
    When the events were reactivated on Friday, well first off no one remembered about our server and it wasn't even switched back on. Then yesterday it was switched on for us, and the progress set to approximately what we remembered. The spire was set as completed, the ring to 80%.
    Now today, the spire is on 18% and the ring is on 4%!
    So what happened please? Was this a deliberate change or did yesterday's adjustments simply not stick? I was going to do some quest runs on the ring, but there's no point putting the time into it when the progress all over the place. :(
  2. ARCHIVED-Eveningsong Guest

Just look at it as an opportunity to keep farming tokens :).
  3. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

Sorry I reset it to test something and forgot to set it back. Would you all like it to just be completed on the test server then since I highly doubt you guys will be able to take out the epic baddies at the end.
  4. ARCHIVED-Soresha Guest

Gninja wrote:
    I just checked with our guild leader, given we're the only guild that might feasibly attempt it (pulling others in on the server as well). He's not keen on us bashing our heads against it, and we don't have the numbers for a proper x4 raid these days.
    Sounds like completing it would be best. We all had our share of running the quests when we tested it before, it's hardly new to us any more. And I believe those who play part-time on Test will be mostly focusing on the event on their Live servers right now. Would be useful for people to get the pocket portal items on Test though.
    And thanks for responding. :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

Ok I will log in shortly and complete it for you guys.
  6. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

7. ARCHIVED-Eveningsong Guest

Thanks :) I was very happy to see the extra shiny spawn points and faster respawn time after the event was completed as well, as I've slacked on Test for this one.
  8. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

9. ARCHIVED-Soresha Guest

Thanks Gninja. :)
    *gives the evil gnome a hug*
  10. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

Thanks Gninja!

*unpins a pin*
  11. ARCHIVED-Soresha Guest

Ahh just a thought...
    The dragon ring event is completed and the druid portal there is functional, but the ring still looks trashed. The art graphic is for the damaged ring with broken stone pieces on the ground. Shouldn't it be the nice looking repaired dragon ring graphic as per the housing item?
  12. ARCHIVED-Eveningsong Guest

Soresha wrote:
    Hmm, I was seeing it as repaired when I was on last night. Are you using the streaming client? Perhaps there are files that need to be updated.
    I did notice though, that there was nothing to indicate where exactly in the centre of the ring one should clicky to activate the portal, unlike usual druid rings or spires. Or were my low res graphics just not letting me see it? I have particles set fairly high for maximum shiny visibility... ;)
  13. ARCHIVED-Soresha Guest

Eveningsong wrote:
    No streaming client here, I wonder if it may have more to do with how the gnome completed it.
    And there's the green druid ring portal graphic hovering in the middle of the dragon ring, under the dragon part.
  14. ARCHIVED-tkia Guest

I'm using the station launcher and dragon ring still looks trashed to me too. Also I'm not seeing the portals on either ring or spire.

On the spire I do get the popup if I mouse over the place where I know it should be, and I can see it okay on live. On the dragon ring I can't find any trace of the popup regardless of where I mouse over, and I think I must have covered every square inch of the ring by now

If I cast my own portal I can see that fine so it's not a missing graphic if that's the one being used.

Edit: Okay I played a bit more. If I switch up to Extreme Quality, AND relog the character then the ring shows up. Once I reset to my normal settings (which are a slightly customised version of High Quality) then it vanishes again. On the plus side, now that I know where it is I can mouseover and get the popup okay, you just have to be pretty close to the wall for that to function. On heading back to EW after all that playing the spire portal is now showing for me on my normal settings.
    Logging through a bunch of alts both portals seemed to be working fine for them so I finally went back to the main toon and they now show for her too. Changing settings while the graphic is in view does seem to turn it off by default in the same way that fireplaces go out and you neeed to zone/relog to get it back. None of which explains why they didn't show in the first place fresh from logging or zoning in. Moral of the story - just keep logging/zoning until they show up - or until Gninja figures it out and fixes it ;)
  15. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

I have no idea what you are talking about