Test Server or Public Test?

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Raienya, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Raienya Member

Is there a difference between the Test server and the Public Test server? I was trying to hop on to the Test server to test the new Erollisi day content, but the only option I get is Public Test on the drop down menu.
  2. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Public Test = Test Server :)
  3. Raienya Member

Ah, thanks! I tried several times to log in yesterday afternoon, but it was down :(
  4. Raienya Member

Does Test server go down a lot? Seems to have been down all weekend.
  5. Kuulei Well-Known Member

When you start the launcher, use the drop-down menu in the upper left and select Public Test.
    then click APPLY button just underneath that drop-down menu.
    After it has patched, do NOT select a character, just launch to the character select screen, sometimes choosing a character you have on test server and haven't logged in recently, causes an error.
  6. Raienya Member

I did that, Kuulei. I have one character on Test that I made a while ago. She showed up, but I got a message that the server was offline.
  7. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I was JUST there. I don't know why you are getting that...

... unless you are trying to log into Public BETA rather than TEST
    Finora likes this.
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

That's what I was going to suggest Kuulei. I don't know if Beta is up atm but Test has been working fine.
  9. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Is there some new magical way to access Test? Some Special download, etc.?
    I have not been able to get onto test for months. The game always crashes at the character select screen. I have characters on Test and know the difference between Test and Beta and have not selected any characters to log into.
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

Nothing new or different that I know of to access test since they put out the newest launcher.

I just select test from the list of server types & let it patch whatever is different & log on just like I do on my live servers.
  11. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Sounds like you need direct x 9.0
  12. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I just checked, I have DirectX 11. It would be odd for EQ2 to require an older version, but then it wouldn't surprise me either.
  13. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Did you copy over the two D3D<blah>.dll files? That is what fixed it for some folks...I wrote up what worked for me in this thread; with luck, it may help [or at least get you closer].

Crossing fingers...
    Lateana and Dulcenia like this.
  14. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Thank you so much !!!!! Copying the DLL files solved my problems :) Your fix should definitely be stickied somewhere :)
    Shmogre likes this.
  15. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Awesome!! Glad it helped...happy testing! :D