Test Server and the lack of Guide Quests

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kuulei, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Being as how it's Test Server, I really do think it's up to the devs and the other Powers That Be to do the actual programming for it, unfortunately. :-/

As it is, there are such kickin' rewards associated with it, if they're not LORE already, they might be made so for Test; that might make them less leery of having the quest be available all the time...could also make the quest non-repeatable too, I suppose, if that's a concern. The main problem now is that there's not many of them (= programmers, devs, etc.) left. Hopefully once they get their feet back under them again, that will change. :-/

And when you say "Newsies," you mean the ghost things chained down? I see those all over the place on Test, like all the time. I just don't have the latest-and-greatest expansion to properly test the quest.

Uwk
  2. DAig Member

I agree that Test needs at least an NPC guide who can give out a few of the guide quests for testing purposes, otherwise how can anyone be expected to test content (regardless of whether it is old or new) if they cannot access it.
    Ocarinah and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Quests are got for those that hide,
    But only devs can make a Guide.
    [on Test, that is]

Uwk
    who apologizes profusely to Joyce Kilmer
  4. Strings Well-Known Member

I have been playing a bit on Test Server, and I just stumbled across another guide quest (I did the one from everfrost docks already).

Cronyn Stormhammer is at /waypoint -214.21 152.82 -429.10 (near Kaladim) and is offering "axe and ye shall recieve".

Update: I asked a guard to find "guide" and he gave me directions!!
  5. Mophia Active Member

I know of a couple, the Everfrost docks one, the Wanderlust Fair one in Darklight Wood, there's another in DW near the bridge with the fishing quests. There's the one not far from Blackburrow in Antonica, that gives the kill 50 gnolls in Blackburrow.
    There's the love potion in Commonlands, she's near the lake between Wailing Caves and DW entrance, a troll lady.

There's a few that are only up when events are on, such as the Tinkerfest guide quests and the NOTD one, the Tinkerfest ones are in Gnomeland, the NOTD is on Nek docks. The Lost presents is in Freeport or Qeynos during Frostfell.

That's all I can remember for now
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I haven't been on test in the past two months :( The guide quests that I've found have all been a stationary npc but the draw back to that (iirc) is that the quests can't be repeated. At least can be done the one time and not miss out on guide quests/reward items.

I don't think they've put in the newsie quest (or hadn't last time I was on test) which is a shame as not only the bag but the status would be a tremendous help for test server players. Let's keep fingers crossed and /feedback the request! :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Alenna like this.
  7. Mophia Active Member

Ok, did a little digging, and got the following list from Zam. There are 25 guide quests listed on Zam, so I'll list them and give the npc guide details where I know them. We can all start updating this list to see which quests have no npc guide on test server.

A romp through withered lands

Adventures in pigsitting

Altar of Malice: Nebulous Newsies

A tinkerer's clockwork catalog
    Tinkerfest only, npc in Gnomeland

Axe and ye shall receive
    npc on way to Kaladim in BBM

Beer Hunter

Chunash's Politics

Dressed for success
    npc on Everfrost docks

Dumsel in distress

Fungoid fascination

Glow as brightly
    npc by bridge with fishing quests in DW

Grolk's revenge

Hunting contest

Kael or be Kael'ed

Lost frostfell gifts
    Frostfell only npc in Qenos and Freeport think it's a gigglegibber

Love potion number 1
    Troll lady by lake near WC in CL

My creepy catalog
    NOTD only, npc on Nek docks

Neon lights

Scratches need patches

Sleeping ugly

Techginal difficulties

The fairy lantern
    npc in fair in DW

The gnollish menace

The gnollish menace (antonica)
    npc near BB

The tomeof tinkering
    Tinkerfest only npc in gnomeland

That's all the ones Zam listed, not sure if there's more, perhaps we should ask a guide to check our list, lol,
    and all the npc's I know of are entered.

Please update this if you have found some of the others.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thanks, Mophia! :D

Uwk
  9. Mophia Active Member

A quick note, we don;t have the TS aether race either, that is run by the guides on the other servers. It would be nice to have that linked to Tinkerfest on test only.
  10. Mophia Active Member

OK found
    Ok updated for 1 quest, found Scratches for patches.
  11. Mophia Active Member

Updating to bump this back up to top of list, so it can be updated.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the snowman on the doc in Everfrost has been there for ever and its not only for Frostfell he gives you robes for all seasons. All guides stay up year around on the test server ,besides the ones in the festivals
    I know of 6 guides permanently up besides the Snowman.
    one is in Common land next to a lake
    one in Antonica near the knoll instance
    one in Thundering steps in the village
    one in Butcherblock mountains near the instance
    one in Wanderlust in Darklight woods
    and one in Darklight woods next to the bridge with the fishing lady on, once you got your quest reward from him you can come back once a day and claim a gold vase with gold roses

but I too would like all new quests present on the test server besides that I have seen live guides on Nagafen
    lol got a hold of the last one before the servers went down
    I would love it when those real people guides quests would still update once they leave
    more than once I run to get the quest done and come back with all I need only to find the guide to have gone missing
    :confused::eek::(
  13. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Newsies should be offered on test. Not sure how people can test things like guild hall amenties if they don't have the same great ways to level up guilds as on live servers. Come on....the people that test for us are so awesome so pretty please give them the Newsies npc on test server.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Really?! Cool! I never knew that! I'll have to try him out during other times! :D

Thanks! :)

Uwk
  15. Mophia Active Member

Ok Squeecha This is the one with the list
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I am shure you all already saw that we got visited by Santa Clause on Tuesday , ahhm I mean we got a visit by a real life Guide and she will be back .
    Kuulei likes this.
  17. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Yes and it was great!
    I started this thread back in January, 2015. It is so wonderful our voices have finally been heard.:D
    Prissetta likes this.
  18. Squeecha Senior Guide

Yup.. and even some of those may get run "live".

"Why?" you ask.... because some of them have secondary rewards that get handed out for good roleplay and the like when Guides run them. One person runs up and says "Hail"... the other comes up and talks to the person, maybe comes back after and tells them what happened. Both may get the Quest, but the second may get that quest-givers signed, autographed picture of Lucan.... or their blueberry muffin recipe..... or a nice shot of whisky.....
    Niami DenMother and Prissetta like this.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I for shures loves this new guide :3
    Its nice to haves NPCs all the times but Is like to chat with the real ones
    Squeecha is our angel sends from Daybreak heaven
    Schmetterling - squeezes Squeecha :D:):D:)

AND SHE's ALL OURS ( mine I tell you mine ) muahaha
    Squeecha and Prissetta like this.