Terrors of Thalumbra is now live!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

Norrathians! Are you bold enough to journey deep below Norrath, to the edge of the Plane of the Underfoot, to unravel the mysteries that await you in Thalumbra? Now is your chance! Terrors of Thalumbra, EverQuest II’s 12th expansion, launches today!

Want a more in-depth look at what is awaiting you in this new expansion? Make sure you review the preview articles written by members of the Development team!

Do you want to upgrade your expansion for more amazing in-game items? Do you have a friend or family member you want to join you on your adventures? Good news! Upgrading and gifting are both available now! Visit the Terrors of Thalumbra expansion page to learn more!
    HaphazardAllure, Xillean and Luciar like this.
  2. warrenpeece New Member

why can't I access the game if I already pay it?
  3. Spindle Well-Known Member

My Scandihoovian heritage just went into lingonberry heaven with the Dhalgar Precipice house! Oh, how to decorate lol
    SierraDawn and Prissetta like this.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

what ? Spindle sounds like you are building a coffee shop with cakes and torts.
    I thought that house looked like its from Easter islands

anyway I am happy I went to test it because it will be some time till I get there .
    Spindle likes this.
  5. Elfrina Member

Good Luck, game is downloading all files, 8 hr download, gee weez.
  6. Xubono New Member

I wonder if this is the hidden cost of the server amalgamations - a bottle neck for major updates?
    A pity some of the new content couldn't have been made available and automatically uploaded over one or two weeks *before* the release.

Oh well ... 831Gb and 238 files to go!
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o wow only took 15 minutes for me
    Kittybock likes this.
  8. Xubono New Member

It might depend on a configuration setting (possibly in LaunchPad) that defers the download of new zone files etc until they are "in demand". You might notice a lengthy delay when transporting to one of the new zones. Sorry I don't recall what the setting was, just remember that (ultimately) game performance, zoning, etc is much improved if the new files are pre-downloaded. The down side is that we gotta wait a few hours to join you. Have fun.
  9. Beee Well-Known Member

Thank you for releasing ToT on time - even at the eurpean servers at noon PST !!
    SierraDawn likes this.
  10. Tetrol Well-Known Member

Still haven't done anything about downloads for other zones -
    EU English download 2700+M
    US English download 862M + US to EU download 69M = 931M total.

For me that's about 9 hours for one way , 3 for the other. This has been a perpetual problem - doesn't someone know how (or be bothered to) to only get necessary files downloaded?
  11. montyboy Member

Thanks! Had a blast running around ToT last night.
  12. Mystfit Well-Known Member

831 GB..what areeeee you downloading!!
    In any case, I read a tweet that said the *art lock* was last weekend and alot of stuff is worked on really up to the end so there's no real *before* to offer.
    Although I copied over my beta files after the server went down hoping that would help. The paks and music directory anyway.
  13. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

The new expansion is amazing! The new zones are beautiful, and i LOVE the new flying mount. I did the tradeskill sig quest, and nearly peed a little when i saw what the reward was! For an expansion that had no level increase, new classes or races, it reallly has surpassed my expectations. Well done!
    Kittybock, Prissetta and montyboy like this.
  14. Xubono New Member

Haha - Silly me. Sorry I meant 831 MB (MegaBytes). Thanks for the "heads up" regarding the lock on the art work.
  15. Raff Well-Known Member

This is a fun expansion folks.

Good Job!
    montyboy and Kittybock like this.
  16. Tetrol Well-Known Member

Tried it, didn't like it, back to the alts. Like the most recent expansions, so linear, and I don't like the AS "follow the wiki strat" zones.
    And no, I don't want the rewards for doing nothing - "gearing up" isn't my thing either.
  17. montyboy Member

Just out of curiosity, which AS zone did you find to be 'follow the wiki strat'? As the first AS I encountered had 'real' mechanics and pushed me to go do some side quests for a bit more gear. Also, if there is a strat wiki - please link :)
  18. Tetrol Well-Known Member

EQ2WIki has guides already for the AS signature zones - or at least strats for the bosses in the second one. I did the first AS zone hoping to get some more quests appear out in the city, or Thalumbra, but after one short quest it was back into another AS zone and no feathers appearing.for "side" quests. Was persisting but not enjoying this until Kluuron went on strike and refused to heal , cure etc either me or even himself.
  19. Awkk Well-Known Member

Kenny has been going on strike over level 96, too.
  20. Raff Well-Known Member

There are quite a few side quests that will get you some gear. Its not all Sig Line quests. I'm finding it not nearly as linear as the 2 previous expansions. More like DoV in that respect.