Tending to the Garden

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Mystfit, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Mystfit Well-Known Member

This is a repeatable quest in Silent City that if you've done Time for a Garden Party you can not do. Is there a reason, perhaps lore-wise, that makes one not do-able if you've done the other? It's always bugged me.
  2. Sunborne Member

It irks me that there I are quests that I will never be able to do because I did something else. They are not preview/limitied-time-only quests, or quests that have been removed (BOO!). They are not kept from me because I am the wrong class, or the wrong alignment, or because I choose this way over that way. They are quests that I did not know existed, and are now locked away from me because I played, and any chance I had of doing them is gone.

Finished A Meeting Interrupted? You cannot get A Lost Package unless you were lucky enough to have the quest start drop during your one encounter.

Completed Time for a Garden Party? You cannot get Tending to the Garden (which is repeatable!). You would think this would be the other way around: you helped him once, now help him infinitely....

Turned in A Higher Purpose? The awarded illusion will not let you buy A Pirate's Tale nor start Now Ye Be a True Pirate!
    (I am trying to get to +40,000 with the Brokenskulls to see if I can get these two then. This is from -40,000, at a whopping +25 per kill. Hope meter: E [.\.....] F)

There is no lore justification for putting a quest starter (drop rate: 5%) on a single encounter that shows up once for a quest that is unrepeatable. There is no point in any of these not being doable just because another quest was done.

I wanna quest! :(
  3. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Me tooooo!!!!

I have not yet trod down this path...to see if enough faction will get me access to this quest.

As to the Lost Package: I think, but can not personally confirm, that though it's listed in a few places that the Negotiators are the drops for that item, that Dervish Cutthroats also drop it (though rarely).
  4. Kirskax New Member

I was searching for information on Now Ye Be a True Pirate and found this thread.

I can tell you that I got the starter for A Lost Package about a year ago by having another character start the quest that spawns the negotiators and to continually spawn them every 10 minutes or so while Kirskax killed them (ungrouped so that spawning character did not finish the quest). I think it took about 30 spawns to get the quest trigger to drop. Also the trigger is tradeable.

Question: were you ever able to finish Now Ye Be a True Pirate?