Temple of Veeshan: Dreadscale's Maw feedback

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Clevemo, May 13, 2014.

1. Jokirr Member

I agree with Chronus that the Telkeronar encounter felt very dialed in. The dps check wasnt overly high but was not by any means low. Overall I really liked that encounter.

For Irdul, I would say if the ice block kill timer didnt drastically get shorter (hp on the blocks feels high since scouts have issues attacking it) it would make the encounter more enjoyable, as to how far I would like to see the timer adjusted, I really couldn't say, just that it could use a few extra seconds to it.
  2. Koko Well-Known Member

I'm fine with it getting shorter, but I'd like it to be easier to see*!

*easier to see to be taken as "I don't want there to be objects that block line of sight between me and what I need to target, be it the ice, the dragon hydra, or another player"
  3. slippery Well-Known Member

The ice block hp is a problem because it requires very specific raid set ups, even more so since Summoners get really hosed on it.
  4. slica Active Member

I don't have any issue's tanking an add set on my brig...inc damage isn't bad at all...if your raid manages to kill the adds all around the same time n not let the mobs bolster n start wacking u for 650k dmg..its pretty easy.. even then, u can heal through it.

Other encounter's are awesome though, good times, vulak seems very fun..thanks for including brigands on the port...i really enjoyed killing the add when "someone" told me brigand's couldn't do it :p i got a good laugh out of that.
  5. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

I like the changes to Feshlak, but good lord LoS in that room is atrocious.
  6. ElectricPotato Active Member

Please link the existing maps for ToV zones to Maw.
  7. Crychtonn Active Member

No map for the zone is driving people crazy.
  8. Glassjaw Active Member

My OCD forces me to close my mini map when in that zone because it does not conform to my expectations lol.
  9. Darkon Well-Known Member

One of our brigands tanks the first named flawlessly without ever dying. Admittedly he is a monstar.
  10. Ucala Well-Known Member

having the trash drop mystical armor is humorous. (got shoulders, boots and helm so far from trash)
  11. Gninja Developer

Will see about getting the map added.
    Neiloch and Mogrim like this.
  12. Ebofu Active Member

Yusogood.

It wasn't a question of if but why. Tanks can be all but immune to the adds if you have a modicum of DPS.
    Preferable to solo heal, I'd imagine most scouts would require two healers. We didn't entertain the fancy very long to see though.
  13. Darkon Well-Known Member

We haven't had 4 tanks on to try it.
  14. slippery Well-Known Member

Dieing to unlogged damage is the worst thing this game has ever seen, and it keeps happening lately. Kreizenn is flush with it. The encounters just broken, it kills 2 people over and over without the damage to kill them, even when you do the adds correctly and have the 4 dead and the other 4 alive. I don't even understand why you would do this without damage.

Not only that, using unlogged damage to create kills causes exactly problems like this, and this is why it should never be done. When the mechanic is simply just completely broken and causing deaths for no reason it's the most frustrating thing, especially when the encounter has death penalities. What a joke. For weeks now. It's been reported multiple times. This encounter has to be looked at, unlogged damage killing people every ae for no reason is just absurd.

The encounter just doesn't work. Just kill all the adds because script doesn't work. A fight should never be a better fight when you just ignore how it is supposed to work.
  15. slippery Well-Known Member

Irdul is already dependent enough on what classes you can bring to the raid over anything else, since your entire strat is "Mages kill Ice Blocks" Mages shouldn't get ported into them. Especially when you refuse to make it anymore scout friendly.
  16. slica Active Member

But like raid set up is the hardest part of the encounter :( or is it mages learning how to skate? tough call! on a more serious note..
    I agree mages shouldn't get ported. but only on the last ice block...only difficult part of the fight is the last 2 blocks...final one is pretty steep and having your t1 mage ported = raid wipe at 4-5% = emo raid.
    Feldon likes this.
  17. slippery Well-Known Member

The text for being frozen should be in chat, not a pop up message
  18. Ucala Well-Known Member

the fact that the clickie doesn't even work fully is the main issue
    wizzies can't use ice lash cause it will counter the clickie effect.
    summoner pets get nerfed on it.
    it just needs to be fixed and most issues would be solved on it.
    placing the ice cube on the base of the totem or light or whatever it is would also help
  19. Snapshot Active Member

Irdul is the most boring fight in the world for a Ranger. The most excitement I get is being able to debuff the ice block with one of my two debuffs.

If you are going to continue to make encounters that require certain damage types, please just get rid of ammo. Pretty much the only advantage I have as a ranger is being able to auto attack from a long distance, but on this fight I have to sit at 0m from the training dummy Irdul. Ammo has been on the same loot generator for years and years and is practically useless. I'm happy to drop 15 accuracy and 400 damage off an auto to get rid of this mechanic and be able to have bows that allow me to partake in scripts.
    Errrorr likes this.
  20. scousetroub Active Member

I can hit the thing fine with weapons ......dat dragon port OP