Temple of Scale: Vision of the Priestess

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Stargrace, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Stargrace New Member

This is the solo instance you enter for Harla Dar, and kill 18 mobs in the zone.
    There is no loot.
    There is no other purpose for this zone.

BUT there IS a 4 hour lockout (you can not re-set it) and the zone-in is a grp wide pull.
    So if you're not quite ready to do this quest yourself, but you go and help a friend, and then you become ready to do it yourself later, chances are you'll have a lock out.

Why? What purpose can there be for a 4 hour lockout to a zone that doesn't drop any loot at all. The mobs don't respawn, and it's completely solo. The worst part is that you're blocked from completing the ToV timeline UNLESS you do this instance. Harla Dar won't give you the quest that allows you to talk to Wuoshi until this is done.

Please look into this. Players shouldn't be punished for helping a friend complete the zone, or an accidental zone-in where the timer is triggered. There's no need for such a long lock out timer, especially on a solo zone required for progression.
  2. Ucala Well-Known Member

I would assume it's for some quest, which would be the purpose of running the zone.
  3. Stargrace New Member

I think you're missing the point of my post. It IS for a quest, a progression quest. Problem is if you're not ready to do the quest yet and you zone in with a friend who is doing it (it is a grp-wide pull when you zone in), it has an incredibly long lock out timer (that you can not re-set) which prevents you from doing it when you're ready. There's no need for this lock out since it's a solo dungeon with no loot and 18 mobs.
  4. Ucala Well-Known Member

I feel there should be a lockout, cause everyone zone has a lockout, even if you don't do anything in the zone. esp zones this old in the tier. and I don't think it blocks you at all from doing the ToV questline, there is no connection. in fact I am 99% sure there is none. since I beta buffed toons and did the questline just fine (aka, didn't do those super old zones)
  5. Stargrace New Member

Again I think you are confused. .. This is not a super old zone... This is one Harla Dar sends you to in the ToV quest line. To complete "Vision of Scale" - and then to get the next quest, "Altar of Restoration" which you need if you're going to talk to Wuoshi and get the illusion....

I'm also not saying it doesn't deserve a lockout timer. I'm saying 4 hours with nothing to do because you can't re-set it is too long for a solo dungeon with no loot that's meant for progression.
  6. Whitetide Active Member

Agreed. While I didn't have this issue the the two people I ran out the quests with, 4hr vs 90min on an inconsequential zone does not brain.
  7. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

I hadnt noticed the zone had a lockout, and yes if you pull in groupmates that are not on this part and then they cant enter when they are until the 4 hour lockout if up, seems just a technical item that was missed in beta as most people wont go through it grouped.

I agree as this zone has no look, and if it doesnt give xp for the kills, then it should have no lockout timer. But it would be exploited if the mobs drop decent xp as it is an easy clear.
  8. Dethdlr Active Member

That darned 1% got ya. :) This is a new zone just released for ToV that uses old art assets. It must be completed to continue in the questlines. Can't say whether it did in Beta or not, but it does on the live servers.

I agree, there shouldn't be a lockout on this zone. If the concern is that people will farm it, reduce the xp so it's not worth it. As Stargrace said, there are literally only 18 mobs in the whole zone. You're in there as a quest and it was quite nice to get a flashback from the Sanctum of the Scaleborn days. But penalizing people for helping others should be re-considered. Either remove the lockout or don't have it pull in group members at least.