Templar using sword?

Discussion in 'Templar' started by ARCHIVED-Merkle, Dec 6, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Merkle Guest

The picture on the class page under Templar shows a woman with a sword in her hand. Do Templars use swords?
  2. ARCHIVED-ThikNoggen Guest

I dont..I use the stupid looking tree limb I was given when I leveled to 20
  3. ARCHIVED-Salvator Guest

We templars make great cave men :)
  4. ARCHIVED-FoxeyeVaeltaja Guest

No. :mad: THat picture is put there to taunt us and say "neener neener, you can only use boring weapons!".

<--- is still sore because she begged for them to step out of the old stereotypes starting way back in March, but noooo...we clerics don't even use knives to cut our meat, we just bludgeon it with the base of our mugs until it's tender enough that it can be swallowed without chewing.
  5. ARCHIVED-Atanvarno Guest

Don't get me started on the stupid tree branch we get from Aurora. I sold the damned thing and bought something better. No way I'm going to be a Templar in full plate with... a stick!!!
  6. ARCHIVED-Merkle Guest

Ok I am 20 now, I have my caveman club. Now where do I trade it in for a better weapon?

Any good quests to get a better Templar weapon?
  7. ARCHIVED-Curative Guest

When I was handed my "caveman stick" i was a bit dissapointed also the stats were ok but A STICK??? ok so i broused the market and found:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Auroa's Crook of Warding

Skill required 95 - 120
    Slot Primary
    Damage 7-20
    delay 1
    weild style two handed
    weight 5

mods: +11 health , +3 Wisdom, +2 intel, +2 agil, +11 power and Strength +2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sold the stick to a vendor for 15 silver and a few other things and got this for 35sp

as a templar i dont do much melee im mainly a minor DoT durring "safe" encounters and it helps a bit when Im soloing to work on my defense (120)

that and the staff animation looks so frikken cool!
  8. ARCHIVED-craghack Guest

Steel Maul...
    http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/item.vm?itemId=4268
  9. ARCHIVED-Curative Guest

wow Crag thats nice .... were you score that?
  10. ARCHIVED-Atanvarno Guest

You get the steel maul from Stormhold.

If you can't get that, get a Coldwind coast 2 hand mace... it's a quest you get from a woman in Starcrest Commune. I can't remember her name, human female in fancy clothing accross from the vendor tents. Kill some very easy creatures, do two quests, get a pretty decent weapon with some bonuses as well.
  11. ARCHIVED-craghack Guest

Yup, got it in SH. I think it dropped from one of the 2 Battle Cleric's down there. It dropped a few times I was down there. SH is a GREAT zone, as long as you get a good team, and the BAM in the Atrium doesn't stop by to say hi...
  12. ARCHIVED-Bvarien Guest

There is also this Staff of Power that drops in SH from the same mobs: http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/item.vm?itemId=4687

The damage doesn't look as good but what it doesn't show you is the delay, which is lower. Plus the +5 wisdom is nice.
  13. ARCHIVED-duk420 Guest

We all know someone who was beaten by the ugly stick right? Well now i've finaly got the Ugly Stick so watch out.
  14. ARCHIVED-FoxeyeVaeltaja Guest

:D :D :D :D :D
  15. ARCHIVED-caspak Guest

16. ARCHIVED-Oridio Guest

17. ARCHIVED-Celestian_GC Guest

This is what I use. IT's one of the alternate rewards for the ghoulbane quest.

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/item.vm?itemId=10511

Oddly enough I was the first person to discover the thing across all servers.

Unfortunately you need 150 skill to use it, so will be level 30 before you can use it.
  18. ARCHIVED-LaVelle Guest

LONG LIVE THE TEMPLAR TWIG!!!!!!

what are we.......druids?

Vaylon
    and his useless wisp Kibobtik
    ForgedDestiny
    Message Edited by LaVelle on 12-09-2004 07:14 AM
  19. ARCHIVED-Khasper Guest

What type of weapons are we able to use? I keep looking around but everything is red to me. I'm level 14 and I'm using the hammer I was given. Someone was talking about blunt objects but not sure if that was in regards to templar or not.
  20. ARCHIVED-FoxeyeVaeltaja Guest

OK, I've shown this picture a million times, but it bears repeating.

I am one of the lucky few who do not mind our twig, on account of the special significance it has for me.

I call it Bessie Bane.

[IMG]

Embrace the absurdities, I say...elephants in tiny critter dens and kicking snakes and twig-wielding templars...these are what make these games memorable. :)