templar stoneskin Unyielding Benediction II

Discussion in 'Templar' started by ARCHIVED-PeterJohn, May 1, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-PeterJohn Guest

Does the templar stoneskin spell ever block any damage from a multiattack or flurry hit? My parse shows my stoneskin effect contributing far less than the expected amount based on the spell description.
    Edit: lots of typos fixed :)
  2. ARCHIVED-SpineDoc Guest

PeterJohn wrote:
    I was under the impression that it only blocked the first hit of a multiattack/flurry and was useless for subsequent hits. I'm not 100% sure though and will let others chime in.
  3. ARCHIVED-PeterJohn Guest

Checked this in my free time today. Unyielding Benediction indeed will proc off of a multiattack hit, and the resulting Divine Shield will also successfully stoneskin the next hit, even if it too is a multiattack hit. Did not test flurry but suspect it will be the same.
    Divine Armor (3rd line of heroic tree for both clerics) on the other hand does NOT heal the 10% damage back to the target on multiattack or flurry hits. It will only heal back the 10% on a regular hit. This means that Divine Armor is much less useful as it would appear on paper. But alas this was already known.
  4. ARCHIVED-PeterJohn Guest

Divine Guidance also does not heal off of multiattacks.
    I find it interesting that our reactives and heals that proc off hits are not affected by multiattacks and flurries. This is a disturbing trend and is the primary reason why cleric reactives are so ineffective against spike damage from multiattacking and flurrying mobs.
  5. ARCHIVED-PeterJohn Guest

Bumping this post due to someone having a question in another thread regarding Unyielding Benediction.
    Per my testing, it does proc off MA hits. I have not tested it with flurry hits. Anyone know a good mob to test this against? Player vs player mechanics might be different so... I will post some clips of parses with the Divine Shield being applied after a MA hit occurs if you want.
    Anyways the reason it does not proc as often as you might think it should is that it only procs off a melee weapon hit, and then the Divine Shield that is put on the target will only absorb the next physical attack. So an aoe effect hit on the tank will not proc a stoneskin for the next hit. And it will not protect the tank from another spell damage that is cast. Note that dirge stoneskins Percussion of Stone are groupwide, and will proc off any damage (not just a melee hit). So you tend to see more dirge stoneskins even though it has a lower chance at procing per damage. I have not tested dirge stoneskins, only templar stoneskins, so I am not sure exactly what procs the dirge ones.
    In an actual raid setting, instead of seeing ~15% chance of stoneskin with UB, you see a much lower rate of stoneskins. So not nearly as useful as it looks like on paper.