Templar idea

Discussion in 'Templar' started by ARCHIVED-Ymarik, Feb 1, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Ymarik Guest

Templars are still largely undesirable due to:
    1. Proliferation of brawler tanks
    2. Lack of a second group cure
    3. Significant DPS and reuse increase provided to the group by inquisitor.
    No one wants templars to be a copy of inquisitor, and I personally agree with that position - classes need to be unique somehow. So, I'm playing what if here...
    What if templars had a raid/group buff that made dots tick at half the mob's normal rate?
    What if templars had a raid/group buff that made members more resistant to dots? Similar to shield ally giving a second avoidance check, but instead applying to dots that can be resisted?
    Again, just brainstorming. None of this is going to change points #1 and #3, but would resolve number two in a *very* unique way.
    Ymarik
  2. ARCHIVED-Helmarf Guest

Nice to se that there still is a couple of templars left trying to get some attention on these boards. Im still waiting for the big templar revamp.

I like the idea with somekind of spell resist if groupbuff ofc
  3. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

Your problem is not that you miss abilities, your problem is that inquisitor have them all.
    Some super simple fixes : Make steadfast templar only, put a 2-3mn reuse on inqui clickies, double or triple mob dps without moving their spike dps.
  4. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

The issue is typically if you're running a templar, your running it in a group with another healer.
    Those 2 healers between them (defiler/temp, or whatever) have all the tools needed for that group, lets say the MT group in your raid. But those 2 healers have to be completely in sync with one another about who is doing what when and where and never make a mistake on this synchronization.
    OR
    You run an inq or warden as the 2nd healer in that group and let the shaman class pump out the heals and let the 2nd healer deal with the cures, control effects, and a smaller amount of the healing duties.
    Which is easier? 2 healers that share the same brain and are always in sync, or throwing any random inquisitor in with a well played shaman and not worrying an iota on their ability to anticipate one another.
    I know which one is easier, and I can predict which one the majority of raids will prefer to run.
    The only thing I need a templar to be able to do in order for me to want one on the raid is have a 2nd group cure. The rest I don't care about so much. I think the defensive abilities that come with the templar offset the offensive abilities the inq brings if they could both cure the same.
    My question is, why did Aeralik think it was a good idea to give offensive healers more cures than defensive healers. This design decision seems to be the crux of our issues imo. Defensive healers should load up your group on survivability, offensive healers should provide offensive bonuses. When a healer can offer significant amounts of both and other healers can not, it is not hard to predict which healers are preferred.
  5. ARCHIVED-akin99 Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    Bingo I could not have sais it as well as that.
  6. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

People still play templars?
    Like Atan said.... all temps need is a second group cure.
    Another option would be to make mana cure cut the templars group cure recast in 1/2 or more instead of some random cure proc that you can't rely on.
  7. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Hissyfit@Oasis wrote:
    Replace mana cure with a 2nd group cure, done.
  8. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    Or that. =P
  9. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Gratz on your thread being moved to an unread forum!
  10. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

11. ARCHIVED-CrypticEnigma Guest

The mana cure ideas have been discussed as are a host of others in this thread over and over again...the problem is not the lack of ideas as many of the temps (yes there are more of us still playing then many give credit for ) responding here are doing their best to not give up entirely the problem is not one dev has bothered to even chime in and say the class is under review....but who knows with the removal of crit mit and the unintended (or maybe intended) increase in damage from mobs temps will be desirable again more than the relics we currently are now.
  12. ARCHIVED-PeterJohn Guest

Just put in a second group cure already, sheeesh.
    To this day, I still do not understand why there is so much objection to providing this to templars.
  13. ARCHIVED-Giallolas Guest

At this point, I'll take any improvement on the raiding side of our equation. Anything to be of use to a raid other than the "extra" healer. When I first made this class back in beginning of 2005, I was told that he would be a pure healer. DPS would be secondary but you'd be one heck of a healer/hp buffer. I accepted that and jumped in and he has been my main since. Today, I'm a secondary healer with mediocre DPS. I feel that SOE doesn't have a clearly defined direction for this class and we're just limping along...for years now.
    Yeah, I'm one of the few remaining Templars and yeah, he's still my main. I have been tempted many times to betray, but I keep hoping that one day the powers that be will take a look and realize something's broke.
    I love reading these never-read boards as I see some great ideas coming from you guys. Things that woudn't unbalance us or exclude other classes, but would be meaningful in our ability to heal, cure, buff, etc. I would love one day for some explanation from above as to why we're so forgotten.
  14. ARCHIVED-Megawatt91 Guest

I have a templar, never wanted anything else from it to be honest. I get several invites per night to go into dung's and groups. I think some of the time, people don't know how to use the trigger heals.

For example, you have 6 in a group and you agg a couple of mobs. Go round the mobs and use healing fate, and involuntary gift. every 20% is a trigger of 1000+ heal (At level 50-55). when you cracking down mobs it doesn't take much to get heals out of all of them.

However, when hitting the Epics, i do find that the templar is a MASSIVE mana drain. You just never have enough!