Templar/Cleric Solo Tips

Discussion in 'Templar' started by ARCHIVED-Nyatar, Nov 22, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Nyatar Guest

One thing I've found that really helps my soloability is to kind of cheat using the extreme differences in regeneration times between combat and non-combat.

Target yourself, cast Bestowal of Vitae, and wait a few short seconds before engaging the mob. BOV is a semi-expensive spell, but by sacrificing some of its duration you effectively get it for free, power/mana-wise. Chances are its going to wear off through number of hits long before the duration expires anyhow.

This isn't really brilliant and I'm sure others have thought of it, but I wanted to share it with anyone who finds that they could use an edge when soloing.

Anybody else have any Templar/Cleric-specific solo tips?

-- Nyatar Nagaren, Nektulos
  2. ARCHIVED-Lamprey_02 Guest

I don't think it's a cheat, it's common sense to buff yourself with this before attacking. I don't know any clerics who don't do this; in fact, it also comes in handy on pulls (cast it on the buller as they're leaving camp to pull, it'll mitigate dmg on their way back).

Don't forget to use your heroic opportunities when soloing, it's like getting 3 nukes for the price of every 2.
  3. ARCHIVED-caspak Guest

I dont think it was the fact of using BoV, but the idea of waiting a few seconds for mana to regen after casting and before attacking. That's a good idea. I will try it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Donte Guest

its blah soling for me know, but when I have to I cast BOV, pause a bit then weakness, rubuke, HO chain away. These bigger mobs interrupt to much. I stick with groups 99% of the time
  5. ARCHIVED-FoxeyeVaeltaja Guest

Aye, Nyatar, I do that myself. :) Soloing as a cleric, I've found, requires more finesse than I expected, mostly in the mana-conservation area. My power pool is so-so, but I have decent AC/HP/ATK for clerics of my level, so I tend to HO-blast away the first opponent to reduce DPS from the mobs, then finish off the last two or three "old school shaman style". That is, like the shamans of EQ-L who just keep themselves healed (or in my case, vitae-ed) and slowly hen-peck away the opponenent. :) It's slow, but satisfying.
  6. ARCHIVED-Gwynet Guest

Honestly, after 20 the exp is so bad soloing that it's not wort it. At 25 I took a group encounter of two green ^, took me 5 minutes, and I got one pixel. Yay.