Templar Bug: Reverence healing amount issues when Exorcise is active

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Axterix, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Axterix Active Member

Exorcise hits your healing potency for -95%. So if you had 200% potency and Exorcise is active, your heals would be doing about 2/3rds of what they would normally do. This is what happens with most heals. Nor for Reverence though. Reverence is supposed to heal the buffed entity whenever it uses a power, for an amount that is a percentage of the power used. Under normal circumstances, this seems to work. However, when you have Exorcise active, the healing amount is a small fraction of what it should be.

For a more controlled example, using Meliorate:
    For me, with 182.6% potency, 160 ability mod, and 179.9 crit bonus (and over 100% crit rate for the zone I'm in).
    Meliorate costs me 201 power.
    Reverence (Expert) is 209% of power as healing.
    With Exorcise active: Meliorate has a range, before crits, of 2000-2409. If cast, Reverence heals me for 65.
    With Exorcise off: Meliorate has a range, before crits, of 2885-3490. If cast, Reverence heals me for 1307.

The heal amount looks to be 5%, which would mean that Reverence is not properly factoring in my 182.6% potency but is factoring in the -95% potency from Exorcise. Meanwhile, the numbers on Meliorate show a different behavior, where my potency offsets the penalty from Exorcise. Both the range and how much it actually heals factor both in. This is what other heals do as well, as well as runes like Repent and Reprieve.

Now, Exorcise isn't exactly worth taking. But I'm having fun with it for now and I do like the title that comes from that line. It would be nice if Reverence functioned properly with it.

Added note: when I ran the math for Reverence, the amount healed seems off. With my potency, ability mod (or even without it), and crit bonus, it should be healing for more than 1307 when casting a 201 power cost spell. And if I don't factor in Potency, it should be healing for less. Meliorate does cost me exactly 201 power, which means I'm either calculating something wrong, the spell info is giving the wrong percent, or there's issues for Reverence's healing amount beyond how it interacts with Exorcise.
  2. Axterix Active Member

Found another Templar related bug. The stances from the Shadow AA line contain incorrect info on the list of effects. Peaceful Aggression (offensive stance) says it "Increases the casting speed of beneficial spells by 30%." Focused Prayer (healing stance) likewise claims that it "Increases the casting speed of damage spells by 20%". This would mean that they make those particular spells cast faster since higher speed means less time spent casting. They do the opposite (which the actual description above the list of effects does state accurately).

The wording should be changed to be accurate, either to "Reduces the casting speed..." or "Increases the casting time..."
  3. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Been this way for long time all that needs changing in the description is the word speed to times....that issues is low on the agenda tbh...

As for reverence probably shouldn't be affected by Exorcise but unmolested is a garbage heal that was changed from a 15 sec temp to a perma-buff for a single target (raidwide now). Either way unless they intend to increase the heal conversion on power used (which myself and others asked for) its one of those use and forget abilities. But yeah since your not the one casting a heal the conversion should not be affected by the Exorcise penalty.
    Axterix likes this.
  4. Axterix Active Member

Yeah, not a big issue, mostly cosmetic rather than one that impacts gameplay. But should also be a simple fix, just changing one word (either "speed" to "time" or "increases" to "decreases"). Besides, having obvious mistakes like that makes the game look less professional/polished, and who knows, it might confuse a new player ;)

Pretty sure it is considered to be your healing, since it runs off your crit chance and such. But regardless, it is applying the 95% penalty to healing potency as a 95% reduction to healing, which is incorrect. If they can't fix it properly though, not applying the penalty at all would at least be closer to the proper healing amount once people are at a level where they have some potency.

On the value of the healing amount... With 201 power at 209% conversion with 182.6% potency, it should be healing for (201 * 2.09 * (1+1.826)) or 1186.9 before crits. With a crit bonus of 179.9%, and the base crit bonus damage of 30%, the amount should be about triple that, yet it heals for 1307, a number that makes no sense. Which is why I wonder if the healing amount is messed up even without Exorcism in the mix or if there's some hidden reduction at work, like with runes. If the latter is the case, it really should be stated in the power description... and the penalty is pretty severe. And if it is the former, it would explain why you don't consider it a very noticeable heal. I'd expect it is the latter though, as otherwise the heals would be rather sizable (before the massive hp spikes kick in 90+).
  5. EQAditu Member

Cast it on a necro and neither one of you will think it is garbage. I don't know what necros do to make it worth while, but some toggle buff they have that eats their health also causes Reverence to heal most of it back. Or some combination of toggle spells... as I said, I don't know how necros work.
  6. Axterix Active Member

Unless you have Exorcism active, in which case it would be 1/20th of that, instead of the 2/3rds or more it should be ;) That's a bug they really need to fix and the reason I made this thread.

But in terms of the healing amount, I think it suffers from the same thing runes suffers from at the moment: The massive hp inflation. Most heals keep up with that with an inflated amount of potency and crit bonus. But when you have a heal that sees that amount reduced, it doesn't scale as well to the new paradigm.

If you look at the numbers I provided, for example, they weren't that bad when you had 20-30k health. Admittedly that is with more potency and crit bonus than people would have had back when 90 was the cap, but also with better stamina, so a bit of a wash there. But now I'm sitting at 115k at level 90 using handcrafted gear, and once I'm 95, it won't be long before I have over 300k hp. Meanwhile, I've got almost 40k power now, and while that will increase by 50% or so, it won't near triple like my HP will. And the power cost of abilities? Well, I'll still be using a bunch of the same spells, and ones I get from 91-95 won't hugely increase in power cost either. In essence, because the spell doesn't seem to be allowed to scale with the gear like other heals are, it is falling further and further behind other heals, becoming less relevant. It is something they are going to have to address.

But that's another thread. Several actually, as they already exist, usually talking about the power level of shamans.