Temp/Inq Macro to stop /following, stand still and cast?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Sekander, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Sekander New Member

Hey all, is there a macro a standing healer can use so that you stop following the person in front of you, stand still, cast a heal, and then start following again? It would be kinda handy. I've tried this the obvious way (/stopfollow, cast ability, /follow) and I still get the 'Interrupted' message. Thanks for any ideas!
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

Not really. Macros don't pause in EQ2 the way they did in EQ1. So the macro you suggested will start following the moment after you start casting the heal, not after the ability is cast.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Macros won't do it. The person in front needs to stop long enough for the heal to be cast, or the person playing the healer (assuming it's not a bot/box) needs to actually navigate for themself. If it is a box/bot, the player can easily just stop on the main toon.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Melt Actually plays the game

You could, but not in a way that's very practical. By setting up a loop alias system in a file command you can cause artificial delay, but it does cause some relatively extreme lag. (my 8700k drops to like 10fps while the loop is running)
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Anything that executes instantly will happen first, so the ability cast happens LAST.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Maybe include the ability to cast uninterrupted in your macro first and press on? That said, I'm not much for being on follow and working my toon.
  7. Adept Active Member

With one macro press, don't think so.
    I believe you could do 2 macro presses (with short pause in between) by using togglefollow instead of stop follow
    ie.
    togglefollow
    cast