Teleportation in the patch notes! OMG!

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by ARCHIVED-Kamujin, Jul 20, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-curtlewis Guest

If wizards are masters of the elements, where are the earth and air based spells? Both of which could apply to teleportation quite well. And it requires another element to work those four elements: Magic. And that also applies to teleportation.

I'm happy to see the new travel changes that occured recently, although I think the cost of a ride from QH to TS should be less than 60s. However, I don't think it negates the need for a port. How long does it take you to get to The Temple of Cazic Thule from Nettleview Hovel? It takes me just shy of 10 minutes just to make the run from the zone in in Feetrott. I HATE going to CT just because it's such a long run and you have no idea how many people are in the zone and whether you can get in a group there or not.

Lavastorm is so big they put a portal at the zone in to get you to Solusek's Eye (after you make it there the hard way once).

But you're still stuck running the 10 minute gauntlet in Feetroot or the slightly shorter gauntlet in Everfrost to get to Permafrost.
  2. ARCHIVED-Ghostbeard Guest

Set aside the utilitarian aspects of ports for a second and let's not forget the plain old "heritage" aspect of ports.

Those of us who played EQ1 remember well the days of being the "masters of arcane transportation", and being able to zap our friends and guildmates (and selves of course) from place to place quite conveniently.

Bottom line is... I miss them - they're a part of my Wizard heritage - and I'd love to see them return to the game.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kamujin Guest

An interesting piece of EQ1 Lore is that spells like "Ice Comet" and "Sunstrike" actually worked by teleporting matter from space on top of your enemy.

"Ice Comet" teleported a comet.

"Sunstrike" teleported a chunk of the sun.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kamujin Guest

I am somewhat encouraged by what I've seen recently regarding bringing class diverisity back to the game.
    I still think there is a good chance that we will see teleportation in EQ2.
    If you think about it, teleportation is a pretty common feature of fantasy role playing games. Leaving teleportation out because its "too hard to balance" is like leaving magical damage out because its too hard to balance against melle damage.
    Its SOE's job to find solutions to these problems, not back away from the challenge.
  5. ARCHIVED-Chausie Guest

6. ARCHIVED-Kamujin Guest

As I've said MANY times before, they will never reward wizards with the DPS they deserve. The ability to kill an enemy is too fundametal to give any one class a huge advantage at it.

The wizard will be a proper class when they actually give wizards spells and abilities that make you feel like your roleplaying a magic user, not just an unarmoured fighter with a magical sword.
  7. ARCHIVED-DarkstarII Guest

Ditto - I was totally fooled lol, I havent played in about a month and was just checking back to see if there was any reason to play again as I consider ending billing. I wish I'd just hurry up and get into the DDO or Vanguard Beta's already...
    This game was such a waste of a good art team by a second-rate dev team.... man, imagine EQ-1 with the kind of art you see in the lavastorm zone design...
  8. ARCHIVED-Kamujin Guest

necro bump just because it was fun the first time around.
  9. ARCHIVED-Antaios Guest

I really have difficulties to understand where you are coming from. They made the game so easy to play and we and many other classes do so much damage that it isn't funny anymore.
    Wizards are nerfed? Well, someone will whine always.
  10. ARCHIVED-Articulas Guest

Ice Comet to me = The Great Equalizer... i couldn't believe how happy i was to be a wizard after i got that spell....I'm so in love with it and still am very in love with it... /tears up
  11. ARCHIVED-Kamujin Guest

What is called when you necro and necro post?
  12. ARCHIVED-Raijinn Guest

Possibly a warning and next time it occurs a sanctioning.
  13. ARCHIVED-Kamujin Guest

**NEXT TIME A NECRO POST OCCURS THERE WILL BE A SANCTIONING, THANK YOU**
    Message Edited by Raijinn Thunderguard on 12-19-2005 11:24 AM
  14. ARCHIVED-Kamujin Guest

Oh, grow a set of balls and ban me already you dummy. This game is a wart of the **** of the MMORPG gaming world. Its a non-factor.

Trust me, I'll get over it.
  15. ARCHIVED-masseman Guest

If you have time to read and reply to this kind of post, why don´t you address the actual core point:
    Why is the characteristic trait of an EQ2 mage just that we die faster than other classes and not that we kill faster than other classes as promised by our class description ? :smileyhappy:
  16. ARCHIVED-brow27 Guest

Why is it you want to get banned so badly? Not enough self control to stay away from the forums of a game you just hate so much?
  17. ARCHIVED-Kamujin Guest

Or maybe I am just as un-intimidated by a mod in a dead game as I am by you.
    Its not a matter of "hate so much", its more a matter of lost opportunity. My own council will I keep on which games I keep track of. EQ2 is on that list still, but only barely. I like alot of the user interface refinements they have added lately, but the game mechanics are still very bad. They've fixed alot of the graphics gliches and the SOGA models were worth downloading. There is a chance they will fix it, but if SOE's influence on SWG is any indication, they are far more likely to screw it up.
  18. ARCHIVED-bluefish Guest

I feel sorry for you .. I feel sorry for all unhappy people .. you need a hug?
  19. ARCHIVED-Kamujin Guest

You seem to have the concept of opinion and emotion confused. Your fault.
  20. ARCHIVED-RayneWaeter Guest

Back to on topic where does the quest start?
    Message Edited by RayneWaeter on 12-21-2005 02:30 PM