Teleport Paintings...expand to all house types please

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Artemiz, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Artemiz Active Member

The 4 carpenter made paintings from SF and the claim ones from Dov are limited to house and restricted from guild halls. Yes, I remember when Domino told me she wanted to help crafters by giving them more to make because people wouldnt just buy 1 set for their guild hall but several years later I think this is a moot point and honestly dont think it ever worked that way anyway as the simple work around was a common house near the guild hall and guildies got access to it to use those teleports but I digress.

Can these please be modified so we can consolidate our travel in our guild halls? Thanks for the consideration.
    Katz likes this.
  2. Alenna Well-Known Member

Guild halls have access the transportation to get you to DoV and sundered frontier, the bell which will get you to DoV, the druid ring and spire which will get you to Sundered frontier and Stone brunt Highlands. we do not need the paintings or orb in the guild hall.
    Mermut, Deveryn and Estred like this.
  3. Charlice Well-Known Member

+1 to the OP.
    It would very much help tier one guild halls with amenity limits, and I'm pretty sure the larger guild halls would use them for their visual appearance rather than their functionality.
  4. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

They need to be made to be used by visitors in houses,had that discussion picked up and dropped with no satisfactory answer on more than one occasion too:) No reason for use of house portal painting in guildhalls.
    Ladymist and Dulcenia like this.
  5. Deveryn Well-Known Member

There are only 3 travel amenities. If you need to consolidate, pick the ring or the spires and use Enchanted Lands to hop to the other network. If you're starting out, consider moving/starting your hall to TD. Most of the stuff available as amenities can be found right outside. Any guild with a few people in it shouldn't be low on amenities for very long.
  6. Artemiz Active Member

Level 95 guild and have always had full amenities and all the travel bells and whistles.

One painting goes directly to Fools Gold in Rivervale. There are no other travel amenities to Rivervale. Its a nice to have for crafters doing various quests including the epic line.

The Gnomeland Security and Jarsath Waste paintings both have other alternatives (druid, ring, wizard spires and/or bell) which take you to different points in the zone as does the orb to Stonebrunt Highlands but why spend the time putting an item in game and gimping it? They are meant to be used and enjoyed. As has been stated, they are not game breaking so while not allow it?
    Katz and Charlice like this.
  7. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Wizard Spires, Druid Ring and World Bell in Enchanted Lands are only a stones throw from Rivervale. Honestly, though, those paintings wouldn't do any good in a guild hall as they are now, since they only work for trustees. THAT needs to be altered.
    Katz likes this.
  8. Artemiz Active Member

Agree. Never understood the trustee requirement on those either.
  9. Deveryn Well-Known Member

After gathering for Qho and the epic, crafters are done with Rivervale.

The paintings were meant to be used and enjoyed from houses. If there were any kind of shortage of materials, I could see a need for making a change, but there never has been and never will be. On top of all that, it's so much easier to get around any zone, since flying and faster ground mounts were introduced.

Why put an item in the game and **** it later? That's just the nature of MMOs. Look at all the adventure gear and such that's been rendered useless over the years. Gimped is quite the exaggeration at this point. AA mirrors and vault expanders were gimped. These paintings really haven't been affected at all.
  10. Artemiz Active Member

I have never claimed this is necessary and must be done. Are there alternatives? Yes. It is paramount? No. Would it be a nice thing? Absolutely. These items are gathering dust but have a nice appearance and are useful.

Alchemist go to Rivervale at level 85+ again for the second part of the distillations series, so its not quite over after tier 5 harvesting and level 80 epic. I find myself heading back through there every now and then for some oddball quest update as off as it seems at times.

Gimped is what they have been since the day they were introduced when travel was not as easy as it is now. They had a great idea and gimped it at implementation so its not any form of exaggeration. AA mirrors and vault expanders have been rendered useless as in they have no use at all. That is not gimped, that is killed off, period. The replacement to the AA mirror is a marked improvement over the mirror. Its a shame they worked it through the interface and not with an item but SoE continues to march towards console and less towards immersion and lore. The vault expander, much like runspeed of mounts they just decided for some reason I am not privy, to make the same across the board. /shrug

Bottom line, I dont believe the teleport paintings should ever have been a restricted item and I think it would be nice if we could use them in our guild halls. My opinion, agree or dont, it matters not to me. Enjoy~
    Karrane likes this.
  11. Charlice Well-Known Member

I'd be happy if they could be allowed in Guild Halls even without any functionality. I would just like them on the walls, in my guild hall.
    Flip the coin and most content has been somewhat made more user/idiot friendly. Why not paintings? Honestly? Why?
    Just because the paintings were originally not usable in guild halls does not mean they never should be. When was the last time someone caught a boat in game?

Just getting a bit of track here, (derailing really) but the other night I finally got my carpenter to 60, and I couldn't get to Isle of Mara fast enough to gather the pages for the Wantia furniture. Four hours later I was still waiting for ONE PAGE TO SPAWN. Named mobs are now basically always up, but crafters have to camp pages for hours? It made me sad, it had to be said. :mad:
    Quality of life improvements that benefit adventurers are often made, crafters, not so much. We are people too ya know!
  12. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I camped my carpenter there with a stack of Gnomish Divining Rods. Don't think I ever saw more than 1 page up at a time. Ended up logging on every hour or so and hoping the page I found wasn't another duplicate.
  13. Charlice Well-Known Member

I was really getting quite irate tbh lol. Every time I saw those rotten kids sprouting 'we're catching butterflies' I felt like sticking pins in my eyes.
  14. Kilar Active Member

I have just leveled a Carpenter to 95 (Just so that I have the full set of crafters :) ) I would like some of these house paintings, are they on normal recipe books or are they quested/faction recipes?
  15. Deveryn Well-Known Member

They're faction recipes from the Hua Mein in Sundered Frontier. You have to go through a quest series, starting with Felice Adae on the spire island, to gain access to their area. You then need to run several dailies (which might be hourly now) to get the required faction.
  16. Alenna Well-Known Member

if you have another crafter that has done the faction those recipies are heirloom. If not then yes the only way to get htem is to do the faction questline and dailies
  17. Artemiz Active Member

There are still daily. I was wondering if they had been changed like the Othmir but no such luck.
  18. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

They have a 2min respawn timer. Only 1 page spawns at a time, and can be in any place around the Numin house. Also inside the house. I found one on the bamboo set of drawers beside the girl, another on the floor where the broken plates are. Behind the house (where the woodchoppers are), by the rock in the pond, and up the hill a little way by the rock and the plants (the plant one is a little hard to see) are other places I found pages. Took me around 40 minutes or so to get them all.

Must admit, I wanted to dunk the butterfly-catching kids in the pond.....
  19. Charlice Well-Known Member

I had no trouble finding them, sadly it took me four hours to get the page I needed though. Oh I would of liked to of gone one step further than that and drowned them tbh. o_O