Teleport paid?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Dimdau, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Dimdau Active Member

I've stopped of play EQ2 over about 2 years and I'm not all access member anymore.

When I used to play being member I could teleport all around using the map and never paid for that, that was free. Today I logged in and thought on give a look around and it said I should pay an amount for teleport and if I was member it would be 10% less. Then, now ahead even members have to pay to teleport from the map?

ty for any answer
  2. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

No, paid subscribers do NOT pay for map travel.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Dimdau Active Member

oh ok hank you, probably that message that showed was not update form sometime, thank you :D
  4. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Map travel? Um, what is this feature and how does it work?
  5. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

Bring up your map or mini map. See the little orange icon in the corner? Looks like a pair of wings. Click that. Choose destination. Get new window with map of destination if there is more than one choice (again the orange wing icon shows the locations). Otherwise, it just asks for confirmation of destination.
    Spindle, Hartsmith and Breanna like this.
  6. Svenone Well-Known Member

Yep, free map travel is one of the perks of membership, but it didn't used to be that way. When it was first introduced, everybody had to pay to use that feature. I never used it back then because I could already see a high "bill" associated with it. Guessing that a lot of people felt the same way. Since the feature wasn't being used in the way the it was intended, they had to either get rid if it or change it. Fortunately, they changed it into a membership perk.
    Hartsmith likes this.