Technical-ish question (and another) from a returning newb...

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Isahn, Feb 20, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Isahn Guest

[p]I've played several MMO-RPGs in the past, not exclusive to WoW, SWG, CoH and even EQ2 briefly. While I found EQ2 to be satisfying gameplay wise, my system runs it very poorly. Since then Ive bought a more gaming friendly computer that should run the game like a champ. Problem is, Id still like to run it on the old pc so that my wife and I could transition over from WoW together. I'm wondering if upgrading my old p4 1.8 ghz from 1 gig to 1.5 gig will improve my framerates and also playability. Graphic card wise Im still in good shape on the oldie.[/p][p]With that out of the way, point me towards the nearest friendly and moderately full RP server and I'm good to go![/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

[p]There is a tech forum for this[/p][p] [/p][p](peers into a crystal ball...)[/p][p]I see a move in your future.[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Nelyia Guest

From what I have experienced, memory is one of the most important things to have for EQ2, while the graphics card does not change too much in comparison. If you can get 2GB of decently fast RAM, it will be a plus. ;) Servers: there are 2 RP-preferred servers - Antonia Bayle and Lucan DLere. AB has way more people, but I am sure you'll find good RP on both if you keep looking :)