Tears of Veeshan Expansion - New Priest AAs

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Anastaise, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Anastaise Active Member

Ok - I took screenies of all of the aa's and kept each line separate and also played with the trees.
    You have to spend a minimum of 4 to get to the next ability and can spend up to 10 pts. per ability and each end line is locked to the line above it. You need to spend a minimum of 30pts in a line to open up an end line. AA cap is only going up to 340.

My stats from live w/ the same gear I had on my beta toon - can't log into beta atm. (Wis 5362, Sta 4704, Pot 381.2, cb 379.6, crit 465, a. mod 7351, capped on cast/ru)

To be perfectly honest, I am extremely disappointed in these AA's. I would take the Mage ones any day over the pathetic ones we are being offered. The dps end line is garbage - losing the CB buff for 3 minutes (1.5 if you're capped on ru) is rediculous - we are priests and we have to heal. We dps in between our heals - this endline is useless. I was looking forward to getting mini UT which would benefit both my HoTs and DoTs, but they only gave that to the mages. They get an amazing potency increase (25% of base potency) with no penalties as an endline and ours is only 15% CB and cancels as soon as we cast a heal!!!!! I would rather have the Potency tbh and/or UT.

Priest:
    [IMG]
    Solo Line:
    [IMG]
    Survivability Line:
    [IMG]
    Heal Line:
    [IMG]
    Dps Line:
    [IMG]
  2. Malleria Well-Known Member

Agree. There is virtually no situation where a priest is brought along solely to dps, so useless.
  3. Ucala01 Member

raiding sure. group idk. there are some group zones where you can get a super stacked group where the healer doesn't have to do anymore than maybe a healer at the start of the fight.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

And if people just want more dps, they won't be bringing along another healer anyway...
  5. Malleria Well-Known Member

So the dps endline should be balanced around taking raid geared toons into easy heroics? Nice :p

Also, inb4 the 'can you guys wait 90sec before pulling so I can put my lame buff back on?'
  6. Ucala01 Member

eh, I'm not saying the endline is the best, but there is alot of testing that needs to be done with it before you bash it. I was only on the Channeler for it so couldn't say but the Channeler I know has a heal that does damage also, and it didn't terminate the heal (this heal+damage also healed more than their just group heal)
  7. StaticLex Active Member

Pretty mediocre looking.
  8. Anastaise Active Member

Just so you can see what the other archtypes are getting - it's pretty clear healers are getting hosed.

Mage:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Scout:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Fighter
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  9. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

New AAs are very very mediocre.
    First line is for PvP. I don't even consider this tree as a choice, but, are you serious? 10 dps\haste debuff? My toon has 427 dps and 560 haste. Even with pvp stats reduction this debuff is nothing.
    Survivablity line is the only one worth specing here. Endline deathsave needs some kind of reuse debuff in detriment window(if it doesn't have it already), so we can track it.
    Healing line is prety bad. 15% potency is not a big deal these days, besides almost noone uses heal stance. Even as a templar i'm in dps stance 99% of the fights.
    Group heal cast time reduce is only 0.225 sec or less. Hardly noticable
    Additional death prevent trigger could be good, if not 5 min reuse on the spell itself. Which makes this AA not so good for dps people. And a tank rarely needs two triggers at once.
    Big heal cast time enchance- less used spell in the game. I cast it once-twice per month.
    Endline is not bad on paper, but take all the crap from above to be able to spam direct heals on a tank. No thanks:)
    Dps line is another disappointment. 15% potency buff is another minor upgrade, but at least most priests run in dps stance.
    Litany is prety good actualy. Probably the best AA in whole new set:)
    Wrath-why would mele priest need it? They have enough ca. And only one spell castable on a move won't make difference for the rest three classes. Pointless upgrade.
    Dots enchance is another minor improvement.
    Endline-all was told by TS. Absolutly useless.
    So far I can see only one spec: 31 in survivability line and 19 in first two dps AAs
    P.S. Not only new AA is bad, most old are outdated. They were made for different mechanic and gear in different times.
    There is absolutly no need in cast or reuse AA for mages\priests. If you are going to allow level 85 toons from start, such AAs are even more pointless.
    Many priest's dps AA has 5-10 cb enchance. Very minor when you have 400+ on your gear.
    And finaly, AAs that increase direct heals amount. Useless. With curent potency\cb amount you are full healng a target with a single spell.
    Daalilama likes this.
  10. Arieste Well-Known Member

The healer endlines are terrible across the board. I have several items that do the same thing as the 10% HP buff, not to mention that there is a massive HP buff on the Prestige tree that people hardly bother speccing for.

Survivability line is not bad, but priests don't have a whole lot of issues surviving in the first place.

Really need to give us at least a couple of viable endlines, this is complete garbage.
  11. Mimixx(2) Member

They should change Mental Retaliation in the Solo line to some more powerful or something more helpfull
  12. Xaxationlorex New Member

As a fighter, all of the lines not only look thought out, but are just rehashed ****, soe did, a good job, you healers did get the short end of the stick, here's hoping it gets changed.
  13. Daalilama Well-Known Member

For those who didn't notice it yet, the DPS endline, Unyielding Retribution, is using the old mechanics that Templars smite wrath initial endline choice used (which we finally got changed to remove the beneficial spell/ability disable it). So I'm not quite sure what they were thinking going this route by giving a ok endline ability 15% cb boost based upon their base cb but using an outdated mechanic (disabling on heals....). It took nearly a decade to get the devs to agree to change the old Templar mechanic to a permanent buff without the old garbage deactivates on heals mechanic and now they bring the mechanic back for all healers....stuck on stupid doesn't even cover this.

Have to agree with the exception of the survivability endline (personal deathsave) I just don't see much if any in the whole tree worth the aa especially considering some nice choices other classes have.
  14. Cinnder New Member

VIPERWOLF approves the DPS line......depending on the duration of cool down on the endline ---> DPS all the way, then DPS some more....
  15. Cinnder New Member

ouch. just read its 3min (1.5 min with max reuse) - This is indeed garbage :(
  16. Ucala Well-Known Member

people be hating the priest AA now, but when the new raid zones are all about DTs they gonna be like "thank goodness we got another"
  17. Daalilama Well-Known Member

The survivability line seems ok still needs some tweaks tbh but other than that the rest of the tree quite frankly sucks and shows not one dev actually understands let alone plays a healer.
  18. Bodiddle Member

Speaking from a completely personal perspective as a mystic. Wuoshi would be ashamed and have to go home presenting this to his fellow dragons.

Solo Line-Personal Assesment FAILS to Deliver

Focus Mind
    Already have a better version of this ability no reason to add another.

Wuoshi's Barrier
    Taunt immunity with damage proc ok sure why not.

Mental Retaliation
    Really at rank 1 I can take a whole 1 off of attack speed and damage per second. For this to not to be a complete joke I would suggest increasing it significantly.

Final Hope
    Woot! We get to die to heal the group in a solo line, do a little damage to those that take divine damage and everyone else in our solo group gets a useless heal amount. Really at less than 2% health we are already dead and the server just hasn’t sent us the information. And even though we are in our solo group it does not heal us.

Wuoshi's Recovery
    This one is an end line that cannot be used in combat so what’s the point? If I am out of combat I can just take a break. End lines should be worth taking and I just cannot see this being beneficial as it is.

Survivability Line- Final decision ok but uninspired
    Personal Assessment FAILS to Deliver

Dauntless Spirit
    Ok a health buff! It’s just what every mystic ever dreamed for instead of 4 or so others we have already. Really why not use one of the ones we already have if you think we are going to need more health.

Dauntless Drive
    Actually this one is ok, wish it had immunity with it as a lot of times it would be an aoe or a memwipe that has spiked us down and with only 3 seconds to react could potentially be very sketchy trying to cure and heal. That and I do not know what further ranks of this spell increase.

Sturdy Scales
    Mitigation increase is ok to. Lack luster but ok.
    Reprieve
    Another damage shield but it’s a ward and some mobs ignore wards, would be ok for most fights but not all. But again it is something we already have and would like to see more of things we do not have to be added.

Undaunted
    Well now a death prevent you cannot cast during combat. Conflicts with our other 5 minute death prevent. It is ok but only really going to help with a mem wipe or mem shuffle mob typically. Really not exciting as an end line.

Heal Line- Final decision ok for one priest in a raid/group setting. FAILS to Deliver

Concentrated Restoration
    Potency buff its ok.
    Majestic Casting
    Lowering the base time might help but most of the time there up more than long enough and are recast before there down. This is an improvement though a very small one assuming at rank 10 its 15%. The cast time on our special group ward would go from 2.5 to 2.125 roughly using a straight calculation.
    Saving Grace
    I find this one to be good as I always felt our death prevent was weak as a mystic. And those that have stronger death prevents will benefit more from it.
    Ancient Alacrity
    Ok again small change to cast time 1.5 to 1 sec roughly at 10 ranks assuming it goes to 33%.
    Draconic Reinforcement
    Oh we can increase hit points by healing! Should we just figure out which priest class has the biggest single target heal and have them spec this tree for raids and all others spec a different line so they don’t cancel out the buff with a lower amount as they try and do their job. This does not work for me it’s a nice idea but the mechanics of how these things work worry me a bit.

DPS line- FAILS to Deliver on end line but best overall
    Intent Smiting
    Ok a small improvement for most priest I play with.
    Litany of Destruction
    Yet another little increase for the melee mystic.
    Uncontrollable Wrath
    Cast able on the move and double the damage. What is the mystics appropriate damage is it cold, disease, or divine because we have all 3 hopefully it would be disease.
    Quickening
    I like this two thumbs up.
    Unyielding Retribution
    We cast heals/wards all the time this will not work for a mystic at all totally useless in all situations. Especially as we proc heals as we melee. No matter how I look at it this would be down all the time just does not fit with the class at all.
  19. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

This is not a solo line, this is a pvp line.
  20. guard Active Member

just wish they would put more into this game than just dps all the time. bring back the days were healers healed tanks tanked and the dps dps'd :p