[Tarinax] Bugs From Live Server Patch

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Trasor, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Trasor Active Member

Hi development team,

I know that the changes implemented were designed to be global changes, however some of those changes severely disrupt not only current balance on Tarinax, but also the very structure of PvP combat in EQ2.

General:
    • NOTE: these issues are not exhaustive, we are still trying to dig the best we can but the issues are numerous and pervasive
    • Seeing issues with deprecation of recovery speed statistics, specifically related to AA temporary buffs that are providing high increases in ability casting speed - keep in mind I would guess the median cast speed available on this server is about 40%:
      • Brawler: Chi (200%)
      • Cleric: Divine Recovery (83.3%)
      • Illusionist: Time Compression (misses the tuning update)
    • There are some apparent issues with dispell mechanics now, where I have not had the opportunity to investigate myself. The issue is that if a group temporary buff is cast on allies, and an enemy player dispells the effect on 1 of the group members, the entire buff is being dispelled on all group members.
      • Historically, this is not how dispelling works and the dispell would only apply to remove the effect from the individual dispelled on OR if the dispell occurred on the individual that casted the temporary buff (in latter case, this depended on the specific buff)
    Cleric:
    • Cannot be interrupted at all, unless through direct CC for beneficial spells. This includes spells/combat arts that are specifically designed to interrupt casting. Knockbacks, though not technically CC, have no affect on this. In addition, clerics can cast on the run for all beneficial spells - the only healer(s) that can actually do this.
      • In practice, this effectively means with CC immunity (pumice, signet, item, etc.) that clerics can not only have zero disruption to their casting in PvP combat - but also do so whilst running away from incoming targets
      • This is what I would consider to be "game-breaking"
    Paladin:
    • Received a large increase in Stamina, 586, which is out of current balance on server cap - thinking this might be bleedthrough from live
    • Reuse on Deathsave now down to 1.5 seconds, which is far too soon in PvP combat
    Will update this thread with more information, however this requires far more testing on nearly every class - which is not something I can commit to.
    Rufy likes this.