Tank Stat Priority

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Keffin, Jan 5, 2022.

1. Keffin Member

I the last 5 years of my break, MANY stats have been added, changed and value diminished or become more important. Mitigation, block used to be priority for tanks, now I am seeing on the forums that Fervor, ADC, Critical Bonus are what you should focus on.

I would like to get your input on a few things.
    1. Priority of Stats to work on.
    2. Threshold of stat score to meet before moving to the next priority.

Example:
    1. Mitigation to 75% of 125 opponent
    a. Damage reduction to 50%.

2. Block Chance 50%

3. Avoidance 70%
    a. Base 50%
    b. Block 5.0%
    c. Parry 50%

4. Hate Mod 80%

5. ADC 250%

etc.

It does not have to be this detailed, but what are you guys focusing on, and in what order?
  2. Arclite Well-Known Member

Potency, crit bonus, fervor are your "priority stats" w/o them you are not going anywhere. Invest time(money) in getting good level mercs maxed out with a familiar that is decent and a mount with as high base stats as you can. Drop potency bardings in the mount.

Forget everything you know about defensive stuff and unlearn what you know. It means little in the grand scheme of things.

Gear wise prioritise cast speed and reuse to around 100% self buffed (if you are short, look for temp adornments or old adornments to tide yourself over).

ADC as high as you can. Hate mod 50% is enough with 1 adornment on gloves, the rest can come from the scroll of contempt that gives at the very least 50% hate mode for 11 minutes - buy a bunch of these and you are set here. if you can dps high on the specific tank classes, you will be fine aggro wise with transfers or amends in your case.

Equip a shield for the constant DR (don't ask what kind of DR it is because the devs don't even know).

This sums up pretty much every remaining tank in the game who is tanking and will be tanking from now until the end game raid farm.
    TheGreatNeil likes this.
  3. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Still sad the mitigation doesn't matter.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Generally, Fervor > Crit Bonus > Potency. Assuming that you have sufficient Potency for the zone, I guess.
  5. Observing Active Member

What ability double cast do you need in heroics and raids? In solo you only need 162 ADC and about 130 flurry
  6. DENSER Well-Known Member

I heard about 300+. To be confirmed
  7. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Raid T1 bosses are about 260 adc mit, so 360+ is ideal.
  8. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

Which adornment gives hate mod?
  9. DENSER Well-Known Member

10. Arclite Well-Known Member

ADC on T4 raids mobs is 329 so you need 429 (the buff on mobs says 340 or something which I think was not corrected after they lowered it).

Would not worry about flurry too much.
  11. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

12. Keffin Member

Arclite what do you play? Your advice was on point. Thanks I feel like I am back in the game again after your help.
  13. Arclite Well-Known Member

I play a guardian.