Tank pets up power WAY to fast

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-slyfer, Jan 5, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-slyfer Guest

The tank pets use up power way to fast. 20 seconds into a fight my tank pet is out of power. This needs fixed.
  2. ARCHIVED-Thaych Guest

Which pet and what stance are you using on it?

Mine has never even come close to running out of mana and I have masters for both offensive and defensive stances (usually offensive stance will use more mana since it does more CAs, at least that's my experience, anyway)
  3. ARCHIVED-stgninja Guest

The lowest my zombie has ever gotten down to was half power, this was in defensive stance after fighting 3 yellow con adds.
    BTW I'm only lvl 46 with adept 3 rotting thrall and defensive stance.
  4. ARCHIVED-Tharangus Guest

I can get my diseased servant down to 1/3 power... that is if I keep him busy for about at least a minute. Donno for sure because I'm not sitting there with a stop watch. But it is using more power since the update, which I don't think is a bad thing. More power used = higher hate threshold.
  5. ARCHIVED-Ekuthh Guest

I've noticed the same thing recently... My Adept III Thrall is definatley using a lot more power lately... not sure why.
  6. ARCHIVED-ivo.kirov Guest

I'm not sure if the mobs in question are the reason, but when I solo the 2 snakes in roost my tank pet runs out of power within 20 seconds. I'm not aware of any power drain abilities said mobs have, but it's either that or there's a problem.
  7. ARCHIVED-Magus` Guest

rofl... the snakes in roost DO power drain.
  8. ARCHIVED-Seregfear Guest

One could think so but the aggro generation is as bad as ever.

The tank pet burns it's power realy fast now but can't, in no way, hold better aggro.

Message Edited by Seregfear on 01-05-2006 06:35 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-ivo.kirov Guest

Thanks for clarifying. What is so funny?
  10. ARCHIVED-Druzgotek Guest

My Diseased Servant (m1) also uses up power very fast.
  11. ARCHIVED-Tharangus Guest

That is strange... because I can have my tank pet grab several encounters at once... bring them to me... I can fire off Accursed Cloud and they stick to him like glue. Not exactly sure what you are doing.
  12. ARCHIVED-Seregfear Guest

Tharangus:

For pet run out of power ... not a big problem, just resummon ... if you kill as fast as you can it goes after 3-4 groups nearly out of power.

Aggro: Time is the key ... only in fights longer than, let's say 30sek, the pet would loose aggro.

Easy to show: Sanctorium -> Kill the last Sub boss, the one with the oracles, (Orthillian ?).

If you do dmg as fast as poss. (HO!) pet would loose aggro after 2 or 3 HO, if you wait and dot and heal, pet would loose aggro somewhere near the end of fight (mob ~10-15% hp).

Sure, not every time ..... but if the fight last for a longer time (> 30sek) you can count on it. Especially if you fight a named one.
    Well, i can deal with it but .the power burn ...i dont know, way to fast i think.

Message Edited by Seregfear on 01-06-200606:43 AM
  13. ARCHIVED-sneaklily Guest

I'm only 43. My Thrall does definitiely use alot more power in the last few patches than he did before, but I very rarely pull agro off him.
    Maybe you are fighting something hard enough he gets resisted alot? I know in SS yeasterday I was fighting very high yellow and low orange solo con mobs for a quest and got alot more resist messages flying over the pet's head than in normal fighting.
    Heck, I just wish I could give him some drink to help him regen faster without having to resummon and buff him.
  14. ARCHIVED-Tharangus Guest

I haven't bothered with HO's since I was in my 40's. *chuckle* I remember those days of hitting the 2nd or 3rd HO and getting smacked when I had to close with the AoE. Sometimes... I'd ignore the HO, just so that wouldn't happen.

There is a good point, though, about mobs doing power drains. Recent changes have made mob abilities a bit more... nasty in terms of their effects. Like... a DOT on my pet that keeps me from going invis. Probably not VERY recent... but something I've noticed in the past month or so.
    Message Edited by Tharangus on 01-06-200607:57 AM
  15. ARCHIVED-Tyralus Guest

I have noticed this, but not with my Servant... moreso with my Adept III Grim Terror. In a grp situation with nonstop pulling she is out of power by the 3rd or 4th group. Mind you, this is with the MOBS going down fast. The Diseased Servant does not lose anymore power than I would expect a regular tank to lose during these encounters whether it be solo or grp'd.

Gilron Darkscales
    55 Iksar Necromancer
    "The scales are obviously tipped in my favor... MUHAHAHAHA!!!!"
  16. ARCHIVED-Tharangus Guest

This has been my experience as well... it's just that a regular tank has more tools for power management then our pets do.
  17. ARCHIVED-Seregfear Guest

The prob. only appear if yout fight a tough named or maybe +++ 3 or 4 lev higher. The one i mentioned should die quickly or he would kill the pet. There ist no real problem with normal ones or groups .....

And btw, the named ist blue to me and he dont resist that offten to my pet's taunts, afaik.

It's only a matter of time, same like raiding. If the fight last long, necro would do verry high dmg but generate verry high aggro.
    Message Edited by Seregfear on 01-06-200604:23 PM