tami swifthammer... a gift or a curse?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Ardrek, Oct 10, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Ardrek Guest

I just did the tami swifthammer quest chain and I started it with my crafting xp at roughly 12. The quests are relatively level 15 so all of her "challenging" items give great crafting XP. I finished the quest chain at a crafting level of 17. WOOT! Hardly had to make anything.

now the curse part, her quests don't give any crafting skill like
    "you get better at whatever ( 29, 30 )" << everything is relatively easy to make at 99% of capacity
    so Items that were "even" to make at a crafting experience of 12 are now stated to be very easy... but they aren't. They are very hard to make and I've figured out why.
    "you get better at whatever ( 29, 70 )" <<< YOU CAN"T MAKE ANYTHING WITH <50% SKILL
    stuff that was easy at 29,30 is now nearly impossible at 30,70
    I curse you Tami
  2. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Ardrek wrote:
    Make lower level items to build that skill.
  3. ARCHIVED-Druwan Guest

Most of the crafting quest lines are like that; everyone makes the same items using the common abilities like geocraft instead of making crafting-class-specific items that use your normal crafting abilities. You'll find yourself having to play catch-up whenever you do those lines, especially when they give you a lot of experience (you can got from 80-92 doing the quests and never use your normal abilities for example).
  4. ARCHIVED-Puck Guest

Yep its a pretty simple fix though. Make a couple items and spam your reactions. I usually gain 5-10 points off one craft if I spam the reactions. You will be back up there (1 Rush Order?) in no time.