Talking to the Overlord

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Almee, Apr 15, 2022.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

While doing the Beastr event, I was in Freeport. I noticed feathers above several NPC's, by the docks, and found I needed to talk to the Overseer. I was given four options to talk to the Overseer and tried two of them but he had nothing to tell or ask me. Is this feature not enabled yet? I noticed my character had already been leveled to 120, without having to use the bauble my other characters used on other accounts. I haven't bought VoV, on this F2P, silver account, so perhaps that is an issue but the quests are all pre-100 so I don't think that is an issue.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Tkia Well-Known Member

Overlord or Overseer? No idea about the latter and the former is part of a signature quest from many expansions back that should be on the wiki.
  3. Almee Well-Known Member

Sorry, have the Overseer on my mind lol. I mean the Overlord.
  4. Denmum Developer

He's a very busy man, apparently, and has too many conversations going in his head! (One of those other two options is the quest that you picked up ... each one of those is tied to a quest and the ones that are blank are ones you don't qualify for.) At some point he probably should be looked at so he doesn't even pop up those conversation bubbles that you don't qualify for, but it is a very old low-priority bug that will actually take a bit of time to unsnarl.

If you like, put a post in the Bug forum, including the name of which actual NPC sent you to the Overlord and what, if any, quest(s) you were given to speak with him. Without those details, chasing down which part of his spaghetti-like dialog nodes is causing the issues is nightmare inducing. :D
  5. Almee Well-Known Member

It isn't a big deal as it has only happened to me on the Public Test server which is why I posted here instead of under bugs. It probably was a case of needing to log out to character select and then logging in again. I had to do that to get the VoV TS quest letter, a little later, so it is probably the same thing. Apparently it is a good idea to use the buffer baubles and then relog before doing anything in the way of quests.