Talk about a weird bug

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by suka, Jul 5, 2013.

1. suka Well-Known Member

I am harvesting in Thundering Steppes when this happened a few minutes ago. Yes i reported it as a bug. Seems the world was totally cut off after a certain point and there was a big chasm opened up, i looked at the map and saw that it showed a lot more land- as i expected, so i took a step past the chasm. i fell off the world and ended up behind me in shattered gully. i tested it several times. then, unexpectedly, the chasm suddenly vanished - but not before i got some awesome screenshots of it:[IMG]

[IMG]

and to let you know where i was at the time:
    [IMG]
  2. suka Well-Known Member

ahoh- i thought it was fixed- but it is back - my location in Thundering Stepes 734.09, -101, 371.07 half the zone cut off and missing
  3. Dexella Associate Producer

Calling The Doctor (he can fix rifts in space/time, right? I'm only on the second season...;))

Oh, and I guess I can also forward this on to folks who can fix this without the assistance of a sonic screwdriver, though this may be an issue with your video card settings if we're not seeing it globally. You might want to also file a ticket with CS so they can take a look at your system specs.
    Cyliena and suka like this.
  4. suka Well-Known Member

kk will do because this seems to be kind of persistent in this zone. it is like one part of the zone is completely gone and i can't even cross it to get to my quest turn-ins
  5. Seliri Well-Known Member

may we talk of the weird bug plentifully...
    Guroleil, Bosconi and Prethicre like this.
  6. slippery Well-Known Member

That's actually happened since launch in a few zones (Nek Forest also comes to mind). I've always been able to run past that spot and everything will render normally
  7. Fictional Reality Active Member

I think your video card is close to dying.
  8. Mysstie Well-Known Member

I used to have stuff like that happen with my old system ( 1.5GB of RAM ) mainly in Jarsath Wastes where it just wouldn't render the ground in a certain area some times.. but I could walk on top of this invisible plane... kinda freaky. Happened in Frostfell Village too. If I ran out past the cliff faster than my system could load everything into memory I'd fly through the ice below. Also happened in Moors at the cannon launcher... system would lag so much during the launch that I'd stop in mid-air and plummet to never-land. Anyway, I'm curious now so I'll have to go visit Thundering Steppes. :)

Oh, and if your video card was dying... the problem shouldn't be zone specific in a certain spot.
    suka likes this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This is probably an invisible zone line. Sometimes you can turn to face away from it, then back over the line and the missing stuff will load. This happens to me if I have been playing a while, or if I have other programs open.
  10. Ladymist Well-Known Member

Very interesting, i think I'll hop in game and check this new scenic wonder out hehe
    suka likes this.
  11. suka Well-Known Member

I tried to run past it. I fell off the world and ended in a spot a few feet behind where I started from. I could run around to another part of the zone and get where I was going from there, but when I came back to that spot, it was still a big chasm
  12. suka Well-Known Member

when flying, I sometimes fly beneath the fabric of the zone. however, in this case, I simply step off to never-land. I am on a different computer because mine is having a few difficulties today- started late last night- so I am going in just a few to see if it is still there.
  13. Ladymist Well-Known Member

well its normal in that area for me, it is possible they could have fixed it already. But I did get a shiny in that area haha
  14. Alton Member

I loved getting my speed up to 150% in Qeynos and head for the Qeynos Harbor gates to South Qeynos. Before I got my SSD, the visuals wouldn't appear in time and I'd fall right through the world almost every time. Heh.

Still get it in zones I haven't visited in a while or complex ones, too.
    suka likes this.
  15. Detor Active Member

When your videocard is dying things that go wrong are mostly visual, eg if he tried to walk over the edge his CPU would still know the terrain is there and he wouldn't have fallen under the world. In my experience if your videocard is going out the first sign is the UI starts flickering on and off, then lighting starts to flash bright/dark, and finally certain pixels on the screen start to randomly change color when it's on it's last death throes before Windows becomes unusable with 'driver had to reset the videocard' messages constantly popping up.
  16. suka Well-Known Member

no but my power supply died soon after this
  17. suka Well-Known Member

hmm- i'll watch it closely. I can't afford a video card and a power supply in the same month
  18. Fictional Reality Active Member

Whatever the problem is, I hope it gets resolved soon! :)
    Prethicre and Seliri like this.
  19. Detor Active Member

On the patcher have you tried going into settings and selecting validate assets? That'll check more closely to make sure none of your files have become corrupt.
  20. Cyliena Well-Known Member

I remember this happening in Loping Plains the GU after the druid ring got turned on there, but that was a terrain issue. If no one else is seeing this, it could be a missing art asset.