Taffo's Brilliant Blade: When do you stop using this?

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Asteroids, Feb 3, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Asteroids Guest

I just got Master I Taffo's Brilliant Blade and can't decide whether to scribe it or raise some much needed coin.

I'm inclined to scribe it at 19.6, still got 50% to go though:) However one factor that could sway my decision is how much use I will get out of this. Is this replaced by a spell later on that shares the same timer? If so did you stop using Taffo's as soon as you got the upgrade? Looking at a spell list I see maybe Daros Dull Blade at level 33??

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
  2. ARCHIVED-signalpath Guest

I'm using an adept3 taffos at level25. I would say a master1 would be great. I still use sneak attack (tier1) and taffo's combo when I'm in a group and I'm not the tank.
  3. ARCHIVED-Tekkor Guest

Yes....you use this alot. Its one of your main attacks for like 14 levels. Daros is the replacement.

If your just about to get Taffo's then I would say heck ya scribe it. If you were like level 31 or something I would say maybe not.
  4. ARCHIVED-Glemo Guest

I have Taffo's brilliant blade master 1 since i got the skill at 19 (friend of my looted it in wailing caves when he was 15) i am now lvl 34 and received the upgrade daros'dull blade at 33 even at adept 1 it does not do as much dmg as the master taffo's so i am still using taffo's.

Id say scribe it.

dmg from master taffo's is around 200 - 250
    dmg from daro's dull blade at adept: 170 - 215
  5. ARCHIVED-Asteroids Guest

That's at level 34 right?
    Thanks for all the comments guys, much appreciated. I think I'm gonna go ahead and scribe it.
  6. ARCHIVED-Asteroids Guest

I just need clarification on a couple of other points:
    1. They are on the same timer?
    2. I read on the spell descriptions from one web site that Daros also has a 'decrease enemy damage' element that Taffos doesn't? Any comments on this? Is it still better to use Taffos with the higher damage and discount this element at least until Daros starts to match the damage done by Master Taffos?
  7. ARCHIVED-Tekkor Guest

1. yes they are on the same timer

2. Yes it helps a bit. Most all of our upgraded songs are like this. They have the same abilities as the one before it with one thing added. If you scribe Taffos at 19 or whatever you will be using it a long time, nuff said. It wont be until you get up to like level 38+ or so that a Adept of Daro's will start outdamaing it probably. By then you got your money's owrth out of the Master 1 extra damage.