Taffo's Adept1 to 3 dissapointed

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Knolova, Dec 22, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Knolova Guest

Got my first piece of coral and upgraded Taffo's Brilliant Blade from Adept1 to Adept3. I took a couple swipes at a grey mob before i scribed it and hit for 118 to 151. After I scribed the upgrade im not noticing a noticable increase in damage ( did hit for 172 once), but other than that its like 120, 116. I'm wondering if i should have just sold my coral for gold and bought some better equipment. Anyone else have experience with this? Thanx.
  2. ARCHIVED-Lornick Guest

What level are you? I think it makes a difference how big of an improvement you'll see over levels. Taffos is a very important ability as you'll be using it for a long time so I doubt you wasted your money in the long run.
  3. ARCHIVED-Knolova Guest

I'm level 28 and the Mastery for my App3 upgrade is 148 and my current skill is 145.

Reading some other posts I see I'm not the only one that has experienced this issue. My advice is to do your research before upgrading your spell/ability.
  4. ARCHIVED-Tekkor Guest

Well based on this....I am level 28 and found a piece of Croal the other day. I was going to get a friend to make Taffo's....what should I get instead then? Has to of course be a level 10-19 one. Im almost considering sellign it and saving the money towards my Master 1 or palladium purchase for Adept 3 of Darksong Blade.
  5. ARCHIVED-Lornick Guest

The only real abilities i used from the 10-19 spell set for any real length of time through the 20's are Taffo's, Bria's, Walk Lightly, and Songster's Luck. If Taffo's isn't worth it, then one of the other 3 might be. Those ones are kinda hard to 'parse' except Bria's I guess. I'd like to hear from someone with Walk Lightly adept 3.
  6. ARCHIVED-Psixakias Guest

got adept 1 only at walk lightly but from testing before i upgraded from app 1 i can surly tell you that adept 3 will make you invisible to mobs +2 lvls higher than adept 1... next upgrade is somewhere in the 30s but it doesnt really matter else you get an adept 3 for that too, because your adept 3 walk lightly will always hide you from higher mobs and is usable to lvl 50 w/o any probs or real upgrades for later steathing skills... go for it:) (imho always)
  7. ARCHIVED-Psixakias Guest

new update as i hit lvl 31... the new stealth we receive seems to hide us from mobs 35+, even in app 1, when my adept 1 walk lightly doesnt... confirmed this in EL with great bears that conned orange and while useing walk lightly they were agro, with new stealth (cant recall name atm) they werent...

really sorry about the inacurity of my prior advice, was saving money to buy mastery myself from broker when i received the new spell... however, till lvl 30, the higher lvl your stealth, the higher lvl you mobs you avoid till you reach areas with 35+ mobs