T10 Crafting and the New Expansion

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-GothicHeart, Sep 19, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-GothicHeart Guest

LOTS of things NEED to happen for crafting this expansion. For starters, it would be really nice to have t10 crafting writs. Also, would be nice if our tradeskill apprentice rewarded T10 componants, raws,rares etc. for level 90+ crafters. Favor of Innovation needs to reward T10 rares for T10 crafters. Basic tradeskill recipe books need to be purchaseable from recipe salesman. I don't mind that advanced recipes are quested for, but the essential recipes should be able to be bought. Level 90+ treasured items and above need to be able to be transmutable into T10 components. We need new T10 tinkering recipes. Adding a daily tinkering mission like the adorning mission would also be nice.
    In the tradeskill instances, Far Seas Innovation needs to reward T10 rares.
    Please, for the love of the seven lords,, NO MORE FACTION GRINDS! These are NOT fun! They are boring wastes of time that result in whatever reward we are grinding faction for, to become obsolete by the time we get full faction, not to mention having to repeat the process over and over for those of us that have multiple crafters.
  2. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Gneaux@Nagafen wrote:
    ^^Truth!
  3. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

What would we use t10 adorning materials on? Making treasured t10 adornments for 95 gear? If adornments follow the set pattern your looking at 98 before you can use legendary adornments, and 100 before you can used fabled. Also if the pattern continues you'd rather use a t9 fabled instead of a treasured or legendary t10 adornment. I can see legendary t10 being better than t9 fabled, but its difficult to imagine the devs would choose to make treasured adornments better than the previous teir's fabled.
    If the next set of essential's books gets introduced in the exact same manner as they did in Waking Lands what is the big deal? Sure it takes you a whole nights playtime (x9 for many people) to get through every quest, but it isn't like its difficult. Waiting 9 days to have every possible crafter set up with recipes isn't much. Heck, my crafters still haven't finished learning every skyshrine recipe and that took no effort at all. No grinding, easily obtained either directly from adventurers, getting it yourself or buying it from the broker. No way to speed up the process either. I'd much rather have something where I can control the progress with effort than just sit and wait.
  4. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    The idea of crafters vouching for another (ie: the Thurg faction coin) would work. Complete a grind on one, buy it for others, there you go. And well within parameters of the game.
  5. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

Meirril wrote:
    It's not that the quests are difficult or hard... this last set of tradeskill quests were definately the easiest... and most boring.. tradeskill quests in the game. They're also the only ones that I haven't done on all of my toons because I find them so uninteresting.
    It makes more sense to have them work like all other standard recipes work. Level up, buy from the merchant. Questing for the advanced recipes or getting the ability to buy the advanced after questing makese sense and is more interesting.. or at least the prior quests that did that were more interesting. It also lets people level up and continue doing more rush orders without having to quest. And yes, I know, they didn't bother to add new tradeskill (or adventure) writ for 90, 91 or 92.
  6. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Meirril wrote:
    that would give me plenty of time to save up manas to make the high end adorns when they finaly come.. I like the idea
  7. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Alenna@Guk wrote:
    But if 90+ materials were changed to transmute into things we can't use yet...the supply of t9 transmuting materials will dry up. After all, they would only come from Kunark and Moors. Your seriously going to do stuff from 3 expansions ago until we get a level raise again? Or do you think there is enough banked material to keep us going for 2+ years till the next level increase?
  8. ARCHIVED-SlashnGut Guest

Don't know about you but I go through 80's and lower dungeons all the time just for the heck of it and wind up with plenty of muting materials for the current top tier adorns. Taking away the 90-92 stuff and making it give a new tiers material will not really hurt most as they can run through several level 80 instances very quickly, reset after 90 minutes and start over at the beginning, in one day you can have a metric crapload of material to mute.
  9. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

I would much prefer an update to transmuting and adorning with the coming expac
  10. ARCHIVED-Grumble69 Guest

My armorer & WC'r definitely need some more useless MC'd recipes. Simultaneously, we need some more researched recipes where my dressmaker can make weapons and my chef can make a wand. Because that makes all the total [BLEEP]ing sense in the world. :p
  11. ARCHIVED-Bledso Guest

I agree need random rares for lvl 90
    I would also like to see boats and docks / bridges added for carpenters - we have a vale island and the upper part of the TT island having row boats available would be a nice touch
  12. ARCHIVED-SlashnGut Guest

You just gave them an idea for new SC items. I would be very surprised if they put those items in for people to make instead of for them to do RMT with.
  13. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

The only thing I'm looking forward to is my Carpenter should finally get new strongboxes. Holding my opinion on house items after the 91/92 ones, where some were awesome but a lot were low res looking. Any MC armor/jewelry etc will be useless. I haven't had a request for anything other than colossal reactant gear and harvest depots in a loooong time.