Switching Between AA Specs?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Astrael, Jul 19, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Astrael Guest

Hi
    I gather there is some sort of crafted mirror which allows me to switch between 2 AA specs, and that the mirror cannot be bought through the broker, so I have to pay someone to do it for me.
    1) How do I find someone to craft it, given that Sony in their wisdom have removed the server forums, so I can't post messages looking for the appropriate crafter?
    2) Are there any alternative methods which are more accessible (ie don't require me to find someone to craft for me)?
    Thanks,
  2. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

Astrael wrote:
  3. ARCHIVED-Astrael Guest

Katz wrote:
    Thanks for the info! The thread you linked looks like a great resource.
  4. ARCHIVED-bluja000 Guest

The aa mirror, or Mirror of Reflected Achievements, will allow you to store your aa spec whenever you click on the mirror. You will swap the spec with the spec you have currently, allowing you to have specs for group, crafting, harvesting, raids, soloing, or whatever. The mirror will only hold one spec at a time, and the first time you store a spec, you will have to then reset your aa points in order to reassign them to a different spec. You can have multiple apartments, allowing you to store multiple mirrors. It's one mirror to a house, per toon. Guild houses can't hold the mirror, and you can't put the mirror in someone else's house, even if you are a trustee.
    In order to get the mirror, you must either commission someone to make it, via the commission system, or you can make it for yourself. It requires a faction recipe sold by your city crafting merchant, and does require a certain level of crafter, but doesn't require you be a certain TYPE of crafter. The materials required for the mirror aren't difficult to get, and there are no level restrictions for using the mirror. This means that any class, any level toon can use a mirror, if they have a house to put it in.
    If you don't have a full set of aa when putting a role spec into the mirror, the mirror will not assign any extra aa points when you swap back to that spec. You will have the points available to assign as you choose, and when you swap that spec back into the mirror, the new points will be added.