Swimming to the caves beneath New Halas

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Wizathys, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Wizathys New Member

I'm working on finishing the quests there, but I've run out of tokens to swim there. Unfortunately I seem to keep dying. I cannot hold my breath as I'm a half-elf. How exactly do I get there now?
  2. suka Well-Known Member

for starters, get a woodworker up and make totem of the otter. They are really low level to make ( about 15 or so) and keep you from drowning. why do you need a token to swim there?
  3. Wizathys New Member

You have to go really deep underwater. The guy you get the quest from gives you 5 tokens but I used them up, and he's now in the underwater cave so I can't get to him even if he gives you more.
  4. suka Well-Known Member

oh you are talking about the enduring breath totems. Get totem of the otter - you can find them on the broker or you can make them.
  5. suka Well-Known Member

totem of the otter lasts quite a long time. You need to make you some or get your some. the mainland isn't far away- my level one toons have swam there.
  6. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Heck if you are on Everfrost and see me shoot me a tell I will log on the woodworker and make you a stack.
    Feara and suka like this.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Once you are out, you can click the box next to the quest giver in New Halas and get more tokens, provided you are still doing his quest line.
    Ahupu and Feara like this.
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

You can also swim above water until you see the area where the bubbles are coming up then swim straight down to the cave. Once inside the cave start swimming up towards the ceiling, there are some pockets of air there before you get to the main area of the cave. I usually forget to even use the totems the questgiver hands you.
  9. Wizathys New Member

I'm in Antonia Bale, but thanks for offering, Ahupu. I think that I'll just try to swim down there without one. Thanks for everyone's help. =)
  10. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Not a problem, not a problem at all.
  11. Sapienta Active Member

@Wizathys I am on Antonia Bayle and just made a bunch of Totem of the Otter. They are very handy (I still haven't quite got the hang of swimming) and last 15 minutes - I think the quest ones only last 5. I'd be happy to send you some if you let me know your character's name (you can PM it to me if you want).
    Karrane and Ahupu like this.
  12. Ahupu Well-Known Member

/high fives Sapienta. See that is what a good community is all about
    Karrane likes this.
  13. Sapienta Active Member

Thanks! I know I'd be lost without mine. :)