swashy vs brigand?

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-orkim071, Jul 8, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-orkim071 Guest

they seem like the same to me. wat's the difference between the two solo and grouping? i have a 36 brigand and was thinking of making a swashy, not because i don't like brigand, but because i picked a race i don't like playing anymore.
  2. ARCHIVED-ribleteto Guest

Swashys are much better looking. In a group, you will probably have trouble with inappropriate remarks. Raids are worse, since you are usually playing with someone for the first time. It helps to make a macro to say "You can look, but don't touch!" Brigans do not have this trouble, being ugly and disfigured. But it's not their fault, all brigand babies are born that way.
  3. ARCHIVED-Delowen Guest

4. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

They play almost exactly the same. Small differences between the two.
  5. ARCHIVED-tass Guest

well u cant't say that. a swash goes after the mobs stats. They hit the mig, the agi, the wis the def, the int, the attack, all of those things to make the mob a sissy so your tank isn't getting pimpslapped and to help the melees and mages out.

Now a brig cripples the mobs defences. The resists, the mig extremly, they stun it, lock it. Everything so it's as strong as a cat you just punted down the driveway for getting in the trash.

The 2 are very different in their use. Put em together and their ain't jack that can stand in your way. Now you have the choice. Do you want to cripple the mob or make it into a sissy?

Do you want to own that single, or go crazy and aoe the hell outa the grp of mobs, jumping in and out of em?

It's all up to you. Now brigs are good, I always used 1 in pvp because they are the worst nightmare for anyone trying to see or do anything. But I always liked my swash better.

Plus for which is chosen more? I have 19% hate transfer. top that lol.
  6. ARCHIVED-Winter12345 Guest

Swash v Brigands eh? Well as a swashe myself, I'll put some viewpoints from my side as I've played both before.
    Swashbuckler: Swash's are much more aoe dependant, you get a lot of CA's that area effect quite a lot, like flamboyant swathe, or deft rush which both hit for a lot of good damage. We also get mezzes and threat transfers that are extremely useful imo for pvp and pve, as that can really save someone's life and make soloing easier. Our CA's overall are o.k, they're not as good though as Brigands lower teirs imo, as we really hit a lot less than brigs until around 45+ when we get inspired daring that just blows them away . Our CA's usually debuff as well with every strike, giving us a good way to fight with more ease. We're usually as well much more adaptable to any kind of weapon, slash/peice or crushing as they all help us in any way. I thought however keeping at least a weapon of slash and one of pierce was useful for it trained both skills.

Brigand: I've only played a brigand up to lv 40, but I know enough to tell some facts. Bottom line is Brigand has really high damage started up already from lower teirs, however the downside is that their recast timers are quite long and frustrating. Although, they still get special CA's like Safehouse, a "reduced," evac timer that instead of a recast timer of 15min for any other scout, it's only 90 seconds, very useful in pve to get away from a rampage of mobs. They also get Clock, the longest root duration I've seen so far for any scout, as it holds for 6 seconds, enough to seriously get away with some distance from your enemy. In pvp it is useful as it stuns and roots your enemy in place, giving you almost free time to kill them with your first high-hiting CA's. Brig's also have mini dots with their CA's, but they also get some significant debuffs as well.

AA line dependency, Swash's and Brigs are around the same, as both of their rogue tree is very useful with wtp and toro/trau strike being avaible to both. Swash's basically get a lot more vairety of CA's, from dps' hitting/threat transfers/mezzes. Brigands are just more of a class that is pure melee, not much vairety in their CA's but still fun all the same. A lot of people prefer Swash's, for their adaptability, but always try them out first, and most importantly play what you want. =)