Swashbucklers weapons

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Zladko, Nov 11, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Zladko Guest

Would it be better for Swashbucklers to use 1 handed weapons or dual wielding?

How about Assassins and Brigands? 1 handed or dual weilding?

Thanks.
  2. ARCHIVED-PaqMan Guest

Hi.

I am a rogue, closing up on level 13, and planning on becoming a swashie.

I think 2 weapons is preffered, shield does block but with nice AGI evading is good and should be as good(better?) protection as a shield and I do like the abillity to hit something twice each round with my 2 weapons. It also looks better imho :)

I also absolutely love the way animation/sounds and effects are shown/synced to, hearing and seeing that 'HAIHA! chop chop chop (HO glow effect) smack bang' and mob dies is nice.

Message Edited by PaqMan on 11-12-200405:16 AM
    Message Edited by PaqMan on 11-12-2004 05:16 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-piraterobot Guest

I use two spears, they look cool and were higher damage than the other weapons but just a tad slower. Figured the higher damage would mean higher specials for more DPS, but to be honest not certain of this.
  4. ARCHIVED-Zladko Guest

Thanks for your replies, guys. But one last thing. You mentioned using a shield, and someone did in a post similar to mine. I never even thought of that (probably because of Lineage 2). I would assume it lowers your AGI, but increases your DEF?

So, if I were a halfling/wood elf/ratonga (all of 30 base AGI), it would be safe to say that using a shield would probably be better because you all ready have plenty of AGI. Is this true?

It's weird, I only can remember seeing 1 scout with a shield, and I was thinking "what is that guy doing?!"

I'll probably go dual weild, since I already have 2 weapons; unless, using a shield is much better for rogues later on.

Please inform me if I am thinking correctly on these statements...

Thanks
  5. ARCHIVED-Zivliao Guest

Having a shield does NOT lower agi, but it does help with defense, with blocks and stuff. I am a lvl 10 rogue atm and I am using a shield. Well pretty much because I only have 1 duel wielding weapon. But as a rogue class I would say that it would be best to have 2 weapons at once, since doing damage is what will be our main focus. Let that fighter tank and use a shield we will just hack away with your 2 weapons.
  6. ARCHIVED-Biscuet Guest

Use 2 weapons...

Biscuet
  7. ARCHIVED-PaqMan Guest

Aye, 2 weapons is nice.

I just finished some quests today and running around with 1 rapier in main hand and if mobs don't die from that alone I smack'em with my left hand whip :)

It looks nice swinging around with a whip(though it counts as a sword stat wise) ;)
  8. ARCHIVED-Erasmus Guest

A rogue definately shoudl be using 2 weapons. Preferable daggers ( for speed). The reason: POISON.

It will increase your DPS considerably. At level 10, the Abrasive goo does 13-22 dmg when it goes off. Quite often it goes off with both weapons at once. The more you swing, the more it goes off. Thats why I recommend the lowest delay daggers you can find. With 2x 1.2 delay daggers I probably proc my poison 4-5 times vs a white. They die fast.

Btw, abrasive Goo costs 26c in Antonica... cheap.

Whips definately get style poins though :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Zladko Guest

Poisons? Wow, I thought that was for predators. Are rogues supposed to use poison too? Or is Poison meant for all Scouts now?

Thanks
  10. ARCHIVED-jazzy_ Guest

Poison sounds fairly rougish to me :p
    Predators and Rogues both use poisons.
  11. ARCHIVED-Erasmus Guest

As a correction to my previous post:

WEapon speed doesnt affect poison. I thought it did at first, since it was supposed to be a proc. But its not. As long as you are engaged, it has a chance to go off twice at the beginning of each "round" regardless of weapon used. It may or may not be based on how many weapons you are wielding. But if you kite a mob around shooting your bow, you will get a double proc of poison quite often, and not when you are shooting,even if you miss. A lot of times, I will get a double proc as soon as I fire the opening shot, even if I miss.
  12. ARCHIVED-HellBreath Guest

I like my dual whips, same DPS as daggers, but counts as slashing/sword
  13. ARCHIVED-drakeborn Guest

I use sword/board when I solo or off-tank. I use dual wield in most group situations.

-C
  14. ARCHIVED-Feck Guest

You able to backstab with non piercing weapon? Would be cool/different to use a 2h weapon.
  15. ARCHIVED-Erasmus Guest

We cant wield any 2h weapons.

And you can backstab with any weapon you can wield.
  16. ARCHIVED-Shintaro Guest

i wouldn't use one weapon, that's just silly. we have the ability to dual wield so use it! our defense is horrible as it is compared to warriors so why even try to add to it with a puny shield? seriously. Our offense is higher than that of a warriors, so then we need to add more to our damage. the fighter line does damage, but is mainly for tanking. we are mainly dps, so using a shield would be using the wrong class.
  17. ARCHIVED-Erasmus Guest

Still, as a rogue/swashbuckler, we have some ability to do some tanking. So I would bring a sword + board jsut for those rare instances. Ive had to tank a few times, at least temporarily. We get some nice taunt abilities, but they are single target only, so you wont tank often especially against multiple mobs. Turn on some defense buffs and you can grab a shaman ( for ward) and you are good to go.
  18. ARCHIVED-neoxyphus Guest

I use axe/dagger (got a nice low delay axe with good dps) just so I can up slashing/piercing at the same time.
  19. ARCHIVED-Bihlbo Guest

Rogues and Predators both use poisons. One of the reasons I dual wield is that it allows me to use two different types of poison, instead of just one. Though, I've been getting into some situations where I'm generating a lot more hate than the tank, and that cuts down on my damage a lot. I've been thinking about going with a single weapon, or a pair of slow ones. From what I understood of EQ, the more times you hit, the more hate you build. I'm just assuming it's the same way in EQ2? It'd be worth finding out, especially if a single, higher-damage weapon allows combat maneuvers to do more damage.
  20. ARCHIVED-Erasmus Guest

Poisons arent applied to your weapons. They are applied to your character. Ive had 5 on at once....

I dont think hate works the same way in EQ2 either. If It did I would be screwed. I use 1.2 delay weapons. I hit 4 times(normal) for a tanks 1 hit. Add in there a combat art just about every round and there would be no way any tank could hold hate. Who knows though.

I have also not noticed any change in damage between a slow sword ( one hander) and fast but light hitting weapons. Seems independant, or based on weapon "con" not dmg or stats. Dunno. Maybe it adds dual weidl stats together for arts, but I cant tell a difference.