Swashbuckler's DPS?

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Veldrius, Nov 12, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Veldrius Guest

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows where Swashbucklers are DPS wise, I guess we are somewhat behind assassins and rangers but I want to know about how much (10% or 40%?). Also, if there's anyone here who played a swashbuckler in beta, do you spend most of the time debuffing or doing damage at levels 20+?
  2. ARCHIVED-jazzy_ Guest

I don't know about other Swashbuckler's but I do a ton of damage throughout an encounter. We are of the Rogue class, usually known for their damage output. Predators have higher immediate damage but Rogues have higher sustained dps overtime from what I have seen.
  3. ARCHIVED-Draigo Guest

A predator (assassin/ranger) will initially OD you from their front loaded atatcks, though through the duration of a fight a rogue (brigand/swashbuckler) will OD' a predator base on DPS, seen this in + lvl 20 beta was an assassin then.
  4. ARCHIVED-TitoLandrum Guest

And how does a Swashie's DPS compare against some of the other "nuker" classes, i.e. magic users.
  5. ARCHIVED-Reichevel Guest

Not too sure about that answer but I can tell you the highest damage melee hit during beta was a swashbuckler.
  6. ARCHIVED-TitoLandrum Guest

thanks, and I can't believe i was one-starred.
  7. ARCHIVED-Naggybait Guest

Noone compares to a nuker's DPS. They are designed to do a lot of damage in a short time.
  8. ARCHIVED-drakeborn Guest

A nuker definitely outdamages swashbucklers in short to medium duration fights.

However, our attacks consume less power and it takes a really long fight for us to go OOP. Also, our attacks are quick to activate which gives us better control of the HO wheel along with our ability to flip it. That has an effect on DPS that shouldn't be ignored.

-C