Swashbucklers Charm and Swarthy Distraction

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Tehhu, Nov 23, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Tehhu Guest

what do they do? Their descriptions dont help at all.
  2. ARCHIVED-Sinbad Guest

What level do you get swashbucklers charm? i thought it was at 20 but i am 21 and not been given it yet.
  3. ARCHIVED-CeriTheCrazed Guest

Swashbuckler's Charm is a "fun" spell. It is not automatically granted, instead you have to buy it. I bought mine from the trainer in North Qeynos. Any trainer that sells skills for the 20-29 range should have it though. The effect of the spell is to make anyone (lower level than you) do the /fluster emote, since they are overwhelmed by your charm.

Swarthy Distraction is a 3 minute targetable agro proc buff we can cast. Uses three concentration, and is handy for an extra bit of taunt for a fighter class that doesn't specialize in taunting (ie berserker, monk, etc). I primarily group with a guardian, so I don't use it much. Also if you're trying to tank (for whatever reason) you could always cast it on yourself, instead of our agro reduction buff. :p
  4. ARCHIVED-Sasandra Guest

the concentration buffs are getting anoying how they are done, exactly what is the point of even having the concentration pool if every single spell we have that uses it takes 3 concentration to use so we can only ever have 1 going.
  5. ARCHIVED-NateLion Guest

Sasandra:

The point is exactly what you stated. Limit the use of abilities to a realistic level and encourage grouping to combine abilities. I am very happy with the concentration system that was implemented in EQ2, it makes sense.
  6. ARCHIVED-Sasandra Guest

yeah, it should limit things, you can only buff a few people and not use all your spells that require it, but so far every concentration swashbuckler spell i'm aware uses 3 concentration points so the pool is pretty useless as the way it's set up you don't get to use up to the limit of your pool, you only get to use 1 spell because everything is 3 and the pool is 5, the way it should be IMO is Survival Instincts is alright at 3, though 2 would have been a little more reasonable, Smuggle shouldn't be a flat out 3, it should be 1 concentration per person excluding yourself, so with a full group it would take 5, with a group of you and 2 other people it would be 2, 3 for Swarthy Distraction is way excesive, maybe if it lasted for 12 hours like other concentration buffs, but it's only 3 mins, it should be one per cast so you could for example keep it up on two tanks plus have Survival Instincts up on yourself, it's still limiting that way but it's much more reasonable.
  7. ARCHIVED-liscio Guest

I agree, Its kinda silly all spells use 3 consetration points. Dont know how it is for the other melle classes. Maybe its intended that we only can have 1 spell running since we after all are not casters
  8. ARCHIVED-Syrano Guest

That's the whole point, as a swashbuckler you can only have one of your buffs going. It's done for balance. That simple. We can choose between our hate reducing proc, our hate increasing proc or our group invis. I imagine it's primarily to limite the use of the hate inc/dec procs. Makes sense to me. Being able to even use two at once would be a bit over powering.
  9. ARCHIVED-liscio Guest

I agree to that but having to cancle your buffs each time you want to use things like smugle is hardly unbalacing. But I agree to your point.
  10. ARCHIVED-Trollboy Guest

The way it is right now is tedious at best. The effects arent that great in the first place, so being able to have 2 different effects running certainly wouldnt hurt anything.
  11. ARCHIVED-Kaffis Guest

Are you kidding? Distraction and Self-Pres, while not magic bullets that will automatically do all the work for you, are very powerful tools. Being able to run both at once would be pretty sick -- you'd never get aggro and the tank would get a helping hand keeping it as well.

I agree about smuggle, though. It could certainly work in a balanced way as a 2 concentration point buff.
  12. ARCHIVED-taretheelf Guest

Sorry to bump old thread, but what is the merchant's name who sells it?
  13. ARCHIVED-Styker Guest

CeriTheCrazed nice answer for the 2 spells but one of your assumptions about a fighter class not specialized in taunting ( Berserker)is inaccurate. 70% of their spells are ment for taunt and tanking , they are the kings of agro generation :)