Swashbuckler Solo Ability

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-IncorpX, Mar 1, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-IncorpX Guest

Just curious how well Swashbucklers can solo from early on in the game till end game.

Can groups use more then one Swashbuckler?

Forgot to add. This is important to me because I play more then my friends do, and I want to have the ability to solo when they are not online. I just wanted to know is Swashbucklers are a solo friendly class.
    Message Edited by IncorpX on 03-01-200610:12 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Badfeeling Guest

I gave up my lvl 50 Templar and my LVL 50 Wizard to play my Swashie who I luv!

You definately can solo...while in ZEK I was taking on mobs of yellows and coming out on top. I don't find it difficult to find groups but I am less dependant on being invited.

I can rattle through loads of guild writs with NO assistance, something I could not do with my other two higher lvl toons.

I have grouped with another swashie and found NO problems.

So as long as I can solo yellows I am VERY happy!
  3. ARCHIVED-Writer Cal Guest

I've never had any problems or heard any complaints with there being more than one swashie in a group. The more the merrier!

My swashie solos great! Mind you, she can't take on the heroics some classes brag about, but when it comes to steady, good solo exp, I've never had any problems with her. Cheap shot is my friend. :D And she does really well with groups of arrow down mobs. Two aoe combats arts = yummy soloing goodness.
  4. ARCHIVED-ArivenGemini Guest

Soloable most definately... Two in one group? Definately... you might give your tank fits though.. sometimes you have to walk a fine line to not pull agro.. um, and uh sometimes I dont bother when grouped with my regular tank... I just dont think he could take two swashies though :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Lukia Guest

some time before the combat revamp, there were lots of issues not just with swashies, but with any class combat art that had an added effect that stayed on the mob. if you tried to use an art that's effect was already on the mob, you would get a message "would not take effect" and the art would not cast, this however has been fixed, so that multiple of the same effect can be on the mob.
  6. ARCHIVED-Sabatini Guest

Once upon a time I found soloing to be a little difficult, but those days are long long gone. Now I find Swashbucklers equally fun Solo through any size group. Our utility and verastility lets us do anything but heal really. Sure you wont be soloing ^^^ heroics on a regular basis but with stealth, evac, tracking and a mez, you'll be able to easilly solo many quests that others cannot. And grouped you help make everyone get where they're going and do things better.
    And of course, look amazingly good in the process. :smileywink:
  7. ARCHIVED-Shiverr Guest

If you really want to solo well as a scout, roll a Brigand. They have heals too ya know....
  8. ARCHIVED-mayhem111 Guest

Was in group the other night with 3 swashes. One pallie, one fury and 3 swashes. Stuff died in scaleborn fast.
  9. ARCHIVED-Ajo79 Guest

Have swashbuckler any heals, or is it just Brigands (of the scouts) that has?

Can anyone say some similarities/diffrences between Swashbuckler and Paladin? Got a Paladin and thinking of making a swashbuckler.

How far apart are Swashbuckler and Ranger?
  10. ARCHIVED-Purgle Guest

with legendary chain, weapons, and hex dolls and nearly all masters 1's, i can solo better than my conjuror, and i can tank for a 1 healer group against yellow tripple up heroics. (lv 20-25)
    Am loving this class, only problem is i am out vitality. :(
    I see myself as light tank, DPS, with group invis and evac! I have put my plans for a tank on hold. Nice to play, you have to conentrate and the order of actions make a huge difference. I still need practice to get it perfect, but so far i am impressing myself and my group.
  11. ARCHIVED-Badfeeling Guest

I am currently soloing in Sinking Sands with a lvl 42 Swashbuckler. Started soloing there at lvl 41 by the docks.

Something I could never do with my other toons :smileyhappy:
  12. ARCHIVED-Ookami-san Guest

Since the combat changes in LU13, Swashbucklers should have no problems soloing up to yellows. This is contigient on a few things:
    * Know your class. We are not mindless tanks who take punishment, neither are we lofty finger-wagglers who sit on their tush and blast. No. We are swashbucklers. To be effective, you must "play the field" by constantly shifting your position to be in the best vantage point for your CAs. Some are only usable from behind, others stealthed and some from the front.
    * Use poisons. They're not just for breakfast anymore. There are poisons that do all sorts of things. Some work best when grouping, other when solo. When fighting raid or tough group mobs, high DoT poison tends to work best. When fighting trash mobs or solo mobs, generally high DD poisons work better. Use player made poisons... they are MUCH better than their store bought counterparts. Also... make sure to utilize the utility poisons for stifle, stun and debuffs. They can easily make the difference between a good stretch of soloing and a frustrating night of reviving.
    * Gear up! Utilize gear that emphasizes your strengths and minimizes your weaknesses. STR is going to help your DPS and AGL will help your power pool and to a (much) lesser extent your defensive capabilities. Make sure you have the best gear you can afford as soon as possible.
    * KNOW THYSELF! Last but not least... you should NEVER, EVER be fighting with App anything... upgrade your CAs as soon as possible to Adept IIIs... Masters if you can find them. This makes a HUGE difference in how much dps you can crank out and whether it gets resisted.
    Good luck!