Swashbuckler -- Is Dance of Metal worth it like it was back in SF?

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Kurei Hitaka, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

I feel like it's 14 points wasted nowadays, honestly, due to all the disconnects/silences/etc in Heroic content, and the massive stoneskins some mobs throw up. Sometimes it is literally impossible even with the Heroic AA investment to pull off a CA chain that long, as a WDB-oriented class.

Anyone else feel like this is pretty much the case? Haven't seemed to be getting near enough mileage from it, and wondering if there's some places that 14 points would be better spent lol.
  2. Buffrat Well-Known Member

It's not amazing, but no, there's nowhere else you can spend points for a gain in dps. I never had any trouble using it in heroic zones personally, but it was unusable in raids due to lag. We'll see if today's patch changed that..
  3. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

xD May as well keep it till we see what we're getting next expac then...just seems like every time I go to click it, I get stunned/mezzed or the mob puts up a damage absorb lol.
  4. Katanallama Well-Known Member

I took Coule instead in my AE spec, right prestige spec I have and use it.
  5. Cisteros Active Member

There is always a big enough window of opportunity to get a full DoM chain off if the fight lasts more than 30 seconds. The key is knowing the scripts. I freely admit I don't run enough heroics or care about heroics that much to break down which stupid pillar mobs have the immunity/stoneskins and which don't. After close to a year of raiding the same two zones it has become almost second nature knowing when the times are coming when something will disrupt DoM so I just wait on it instead of spamming as soon as it is useable.
    I've thought before about getting rid of it for full on AoE zones since its less damage that a Lucky Gambit reset but held on for completely illogical reason of it being pretty much the only thing I have that will hit for more than 2 million