Swashbuckler AA's

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Rainkng, Mar 31, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Rainkng Guest

Hi guys.

Looking for some advice on what to do with my swashy AA's.

Right now I'm at 63/70 AA in the Swashbuckler tree (133/140 total AA's) and have pretty much just concentrated on the "Style" and "Reach" branches.

For the rest of my points I've basically been floundering within the "Potency" branch but was wondering if I would be better off concentrating on the "Debuff" line instead. What do some of you think? Where are you guys placing your 70 AA points under the Swashbuckler tree?

Any input on this topic would be greatly appreciated as there seems to be little info available here outside of what is posted about AA's within the Rogue line.

Thanks in advance.
  2. ARCHIVED-OpethPA Guest

What is your game play style?
    Solo, group or raid ?
  3. ARCHIVED-Rainkng Guest

Sorry for missing that important detail.

I solo when I can't get a group but I'd say at this point grouping is my most common style of play.

My guild is currently starting to raid a little more often so additional input here would also be appreciated if it differs greatly from the group AA specs.

Thanks much.
  4. ARCHIVED-Rainkng Guest

Bump

Anyone?

Anyone.......?

Bueller.............?

;)
  5. ARCHIVED-121 dirtybird Guest

K, prety much the most common AA setup your going to find..
    ROUGE
    STR 4,8,4,8,2
    AGI 4,8,4,8,4
    STA 4,4,4 STA 8 STA 1
    INT 4,1 INT 8,1 INT 8,8
    ( Above with Stamina and Inteligence lines some people do it different depending... but it real will not affect DPS )
    SWASHBUCKLER
    POTENCY REACH STYLE
    Disheartning Guile 5 Lucky Whirl 5 Sneak 5
    Offensive Poisons 5 Velium Throw 5 Perfect Finesse 5
    Turgor Poisons 5 Swather 5 Insight 5
    Mental Poisons 5 Hurricane 5 En Guard 5
    Triple Blades 5
    Ptency(final) 1 Reach (final) 1 Advance Warning 1
    The remainder of Points from Swash Tree I threw into debuffs.. eh... so maybe this will help..
    I use the exact setup from above and parse normaly 3.7k-5k in Raid.. (of course, sometimes lower sometimes higher)
  6. ARCHIVED-OldMan_JP Guest

I would agree with the above post with a few recommendations. If you are primarily solo/group, I would recommend 4/4/8 in sta. The extra HP will add a lot more to your survivability than any other uses of your aa and not effect your dps at all.
    For the Swashy lines, I honestly would not put any into mental breach in the potency line. Does anyone really spend their points here? I don't know any swashys that have that much of a power problem even in a raid that would need to buff up the amount of power you get from mental breach. You would probably add a lot more if you could spend the extra 5 points in the debuff lines. Especially if you are purely grouping and soloing, you should never have a power problem that you need to spend aas in mental breach.
    Hope this helps!