Swash DPS

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-x82nd77, Nov 8, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-x82nd77 Guest

I am new to playing a rogue and was hoping for a bit of insight. I am currently a Brigand but planning to betray at 50 for the amazing AOE I keep hearing about with the Swash. <that and those sexy hats> but am having some reservations about the class in general. I grouped with a SK the other day in CBK and we were both mentored down, I was running a parse in the background just for fun but at the end of the night was shocked he completely blew me away. Now I am a bit twinked with expert and MC gear while he was using mostly adept and app spells. Is the AOE damage that swashes can put out that really good? How do we rank at taking out large hordes of green, blue and whites?

Thanks for any insight!
  2. ARCHIVED-Henge42 Guest

Swashys own Brigs on AE damage by the time you get to 80 and 180+ AA you can have 3 blue AE's and 55% area auto attack.

As for SK's they are completly overpowered. I've run WoE several time on my Swash with a SK MT, I will generaly top the zonewide but the SK is usually not far behind in second.
  3. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

Errolflynn@Befallen wrote:
    The devs know this and will tone it down.
  4. ARCHIVED-x82nd77 Guest

Thanks for the encouragement. I knew Sks were a little over powered but was shocked when I saw this. I stopped playing my rogue that night but I think it maybe time to go back and just keep pushing til I can outparse any SK.
    It is amazing the different results that I got posting this here vs. flames.... there I was simply told to not suck and push buttons faster. lol.
    Mac