Sundered Frontier's questlines: inefficient and non-rewarding

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Moldylocks, Oct 24, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Moldylocks Guest

Yes, I know SF came out a while back, but I took a break and am entering it for the first time. Perhaps that is why I find the quests annoying, that this expansion has been out for so long and it obviously needs some improving. I'm sure I am not the only one to make these observations.

So, Itemization. I have yet to get a quest reward piece that has been an upgrade to the gear I received in Kunark. In other wrods, a level 67 treasured item far surpasses the level 80-81 quest items I have been receiving so far. Yes, I have /bugged entire quest lines so that there is an in-game record.

I am also finding the quests to be very time inefficient. By that, I mean the majority of the main questline seems to follow this plan:
    A) Chat to NPC B) Run across zone for a trivial 2 second task C) Run back across zone D) Chat to NPC again and repeat

My suggestion? More quests, so its not bouncing between a single NPC and whatever you have to click on or fetch. I spend too much time running across the zone and not enough time adventuring. Giving me more to do while I am out there would make the zone interesting rather than laborious.
    I've been reading that itemization has been an issue for many, for a long time. While I didn't really see it when I played the lower levels, I definitely see it now in SF. I am truly amazed that, given the feedback this must have received, nothing has been done in all the time that this expansion has been out. Anyway, I am finding myself in a position now where my gear is going to be 15 levels old and I am not receiving useable upgrades from my on-level quests. Yes, its disappointing.

Just my 2c worth.
  2. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Gear in Kunark must be better than it was when I was coming through.
    I didn't upgrade much of my TSO raid/voidshard armor when I went through SF, (didn't raid that expansion & didn't feel like grinding marks). But most of the legendary jewelry and weapon drops were better than what I already had (including my non-mythical epic).
    The quests are a lot of back and forth, especially for the crafters. Clever usage of evac totems & other evac items, guildhalls w/portals & housing leaderboards makes it a lot less tedious though than it was when it was first released.
    SF items definately needs an upgrade though to remain anywhere close to current. There is no reason for any level 90 that also owns DOV to use any gear from that expansion at all. You can walk up to a crafter and get far superiour gear from DOV at 90.
  3. ARCHIVED-Moldylocks Guest

Finora@Everfrost wrote:
    Yes, gear in Kunark is extremely good for its level. Not only that, but there are many single-up heroic Named that dot the map that are almost guaranteed to drop a lengendary item or better. SF, as a whole, pales in comparisson and I can't wait to out-level it.
    I hear great things about DOV and I'm anticipating getting there relatively shortly. Until then, I just broke down and spent a ton of cash on gear that will get me through the next 10 levels. I normally like to gear up as I quest and level through a zone, as I feel I earned the rewards.
    I will grab some evac totems and see if that speeds things up. Thanks for the tip on that for a shortcut :) I have a leaper mount, so that helps with geography as well, but I am still literally having to traverse the entire length or breadth of the zone over and over for trivial actions. Hopefully in another day or two I will get to move on.
  4. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Moldylocks wrote:
    yeah, whoever created these quests has a secret ambition to one day work for fedex.
  5. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Sounds like someone hasn't found the Icebox and Pantry quests.
    Each is an item that you click on and gives you 12 quests which can each be repeated 4 times, all without having to travel to any NPC. Each is worth at least 1 level.
  6. ARCHIVED-Moldylocks Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Well, I think you may just be my savior.

*runs off to research those quests*
    Edit: Thanks for the info, Feldon! It looks like a lot of quests are going to open up fairly shortly, as some are strictly for certain levels.
    In case someone else stumbles here with the same issue I had, here are a couple of useful links:
    Stonebrunt Questline (includes Pantry quest)
    See Neophyte Sairal in Paineel to begin the Necromantic Icebox
  7. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    We play vastly different games. Each of those might be worth 2-3% of a level.
  8. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    I'm pretty sure he meant the entire cube was worth a level.
  9. ARCHIVED-snowhaze Guest

I also found the gear upgrades to not be upgrades for the most part. It was difficult to replace the class armor I got from the 3 sky zones (Tenebrous Tangle) in the 60s-70s (I think).
    Travel wasn't as big a deal since I had already gotten the flying griffon from tradeskilling quicker to level 85, but I can imagine what a real pita it would be running everywhere on the ground (or hopping).
    The boxes helped I guess, but I can't think of a more boring quest line, doing the same kill quest over and over for different types of mobs /yawn. Pretty sure I never finsihed any of the boxes.
    I also had a problem transitioning from the previous zone (where Paineel is) to this one and had to fly all over to find the starting point, I was fairly certain I was done with the previous zone, but I didn't find any connecting quests. I basically decided when I couldn't find any other good quests, to move on.
  10. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

snowhaze wrote:
    This bugged me too when I was working the SF/SH quest lines, I finished all quests and searched without any success for a quest that would send me to SH. Zoned into SH and there's an NPC right by the zone in that starts you off.
    The quest xp rewards from SF/SH are horrendous especially after they were nerfed (forget the timing of when/why they did it).
  11. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

I used the glider mount A LOT in Sundered Frontier/Stonebrunt Highlands. Actually... those are really the only 2 zones I ever used the glider in. It made traveling a lot easier. Most of the time I would hop on my leaper, jump to the nearest high-point, switch to glider, and fly all the way to my quest point.
    But yeah... it appears all the Sundered Frontier and Stonebrunt quest rewards were missed in the itemization update. Although I know quite a number of people have reported it and /bugged it and feedbacked, they are still the same old crappy treasured gear that is inferior to treasured stuff that is 20 levels lower....

Also, I thought the quests were decent in XP. On my conj I went from 80-85 in sundered frontier (over 150 quests) and then went from 85-90 in stonebrunt highlands (over 130 quests).