Summoner Scout Pets

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Nimbrithil, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Nimbrithil Member

Did I just miss in the updates that the scout pet no longer dual wields?

Haven't you neutered summoners enough already? Are you really out to just kill the class?
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

When you get your epic weapon you get the Plainswalker, and all will be well again. I haven't used my conjy scout pet in a while. Are you complaining about the animation? Or are you judging from ACT files and the damage its doing?
  3. Nimbrithil Member

It lists just primary weapon while it used to list as both, at least i think it did.

I play on TLE server and will maybe try to get my myth but thats caster and the caster pets, at least on TLE, are REAL lame
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I don't recall when, but at one time the mage pet was more useful, then they fixed the scout, then I got my Epic 2.0 (which FG won't have) and got the Planeswalker.

What quality is the pet spell? Journeyman, Adept, Expert, Master? If it's not an Expert or better, harvest the tier of that spell until you get the rares to have a Sage craft you the Expert version.
  5. Sogapa Active Member

I don't recall summoner pets every having dual wield. As I recall, it has always simply listed primary weapon in the area you are referring to. There are a couple that have a dual wield appearance, so maybe you are simply remembering that?
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  6. Beee Well-Known Member

They nerfed the summoner pets into ground (eg only 20% of your DPS, reduced fervor) but only Epic 2.0 Planeswalker and Reaper are a usefull option at 100+

If really necessary Planar Energy Crystals for fast upgrading can be bought on FreeTrade Server, or you have to grind them
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The swarm pets do very good damage. But the Planeswalker outshines the tank, scout, and mage pets. I wonder if Communion bases off of the stats for your scribed version of the basic pets?
  8. Sogapa Active Member

I doubt it, but seems worth testing. ATM I have a GM Communion, but have not bothered upgrading the basic pet spells at all.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Same here.
  10. Beee Well-Known Member

As exprected: I did not see any diference in parses between expert and GM scout pet in the communion spell.

In comparison with other non pet dps classes our swarm pets do much too less damage on raid mobs
    Sigrdrifa likes this.