Summoner Prestige Left Side

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Ohhno, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Ashandra Well-Known Member

I would personally like to see it go back the old way for hate , we used to be able to put aa into pet agro control .

I meant I make good tank now literally as dps you can't get agro off me in expert heroics so I just tank the zones goes nice and smooth.

Another gripe I have while yr arguing over conj stuff is the ability to swap places with your pet is broken/ disabled it stopped working around when pgs started so I think it was the later to stop an exploit type thing .
  2. Anunnaki Active Member

Man, now I remember why I stopped coming on here and reading posts a while ago.

As a Conjuror, right side is completely useless. The conversion from CB to Pot is based on base CB, which doesnt include things like tithe points. So you are almost certainly not capped on CB at base. If you were somehow capped on CB from base (good luck) you'd get 1435 pot in theory. Then you would have to deal with the left side abilities that are among the worst in the game.

I did a little test to see what going full left side would get me. It got me ~575 Potency, but it cost me 1005 CB. Sooo my overall output would drop significantly and I would lose my far superior right side abilities. Ok, so we have established that pure left side is complete trash.

Lets try dual conversions. I gain almost exactly 400% potency from going dual. And I lose at least a tick on PW, and I lose Pl. Det, and Pl Burst. For 400% potency. (i.e. bad)

I'll also point out that I am pretty well geared. I'm not the best geared in the game by any means, but I'm geared out well enough that the numbers I'm listing here are likely to be higher than the average Conjuror, which would make it even worse for a lower geared character.

If you spec right side for anything other than needing Barrier for progression (was that even a thing in this xpac?) then I don't know what to tell you.

As far as the hate issue goes, the Conjuror is in a weird place right now. Personally, I *love* that my pet is on the same hate position as the summoner now. It means that transfers actually work on a summoner as opposed to being terrible before when it was split. That being said, the issue with hate is a tank issue and it is an issue with any tank that doesnt have a transfer (unless they have an insane amount of potency.) With the huge potency inflation numbers for DPS gear and the lack of potency on most of the good tank stat gear, this is the way the game was trending. My normal experts tank has ~20k potency and can hold aggro off me (35k potency) because he is a Paladin and Amends is extremely powerful. I personally dont think positionals have much use in the state of the game right now. Transfers are the only way to bridge the huge potency gap.

To fix that on a conjuror, the entire WIS line in the summoner tree could be reworked (with the same idea in mind of aggro control) to be updated to work in the current state of the game. And a 24 dehate positional on a 90 seconds recast is a joke and anyone that ever suggests that as useful is bad and should feel bad for bringing it up.
    Ashandra likes this.
  3. Ashandra Well-Known Member

You gain stuff all going the side with cb to pot the conversion is like 7 is to 1 you ain't going to get plus 2k pot out of your cb conversion I am fully t4 geared on my toon and it won't get that much pot out of the cb and you lose some good aa that actually does things to get the token upgrade . I gain around 600 pot woopie I have 50k already and lose some good stuff to get it that's how works for conj conversion no smoke and mirrors that's the gain.
  4. Anaranj Member

It's always nice to have someone sharing his tests with others. Thanks!
  5. Arieva Well-Known Member

Going with hate transfer tanks like pally is the easymode fix to managing hate. When you can control your aggro against a guardian MT (they have a mini amends its true but nothing like a paladin) in raid and an SK in groups and still find a an extra positional dehate worthless..at that point you cal call those that are smart enough to use it bad!
  6. Ozryc Active Member

Is there not even agreement that conjurors have it worse than other DPS classes when it comes to managing hate? We may have tools but that doesn't mean they are equitable. In fact the point being made is that they are not.

And add me to the list that thinks wasting 32 points to gain a dehate with a 90 second recast a bad idea. Here is to hoping that line gets reworked some day - a better word is fixed.
  7. Dotuming Active Member

I'll chime in on a raid perspective to hate. It is manageable even in it's current state. I wont say using 24 points to get evasion is great, but on the flip side, in the summoner tree there isn't a lot of options to pick from that will help much. Is it useful from a raid perspective? You bet it is, so you can add me to the bad idea player pool. Managed properly, and with "others" raidwide supplemental aggro management tools, your hate is very manageable from a raid point of view.

This expac is the first I have seen that on the majority of fights, we are being held back on dps due to scripts/panic mode/makes the fight longer if you dps harder etc. I mean there is only 1 fight currently I can stretch my legs dps wise so to speak. Some of the fights, i simply just stand there as more dps is a detriment overall.

Back to Evasion. With the recent changes to AA's in beta, I would like to see evasion and symbiosis swap spots with a base 1:30 min recast and for each point spent, reduce the recast by 3 seconds. That being said, the Dev's time is extremely limited and I doubt we will see any help on that front in the near future.

Edit: Also with the left side prestige, there are a few problems with it (things not working etc). The recent changes to the AA's in beta will make it a bit easier to dual spec for that bonus 4-500 extra potency and to cherrypick some of the more useful ones.
  8. Anunnaki Active Member

Yeah, the beta AA changes are definitely going to make a lot of the info in this thread a bit obsolete. I've only briefly played with it, as I expect there to be more changes to it as we get closer to live.
  9. Ashandra Well-Known Member

I would sure like some of our aa to be revisited while we are using our epic pet there is a lot of aa that doesn’t do anything other then eat up points.
  10. Sudedor Well-Known Member

This, to me, should probably be the big issue addressed. AA's should work. Seems simple enough, but if you told a Wizard "Hey, btw, while you're using your epic 2.0, half your AA's won't work" there would be some pretty outraged Wizards - and rightfully so.