Summoner Balancing and Overall Damage in PvP

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Fleshdecay, May 21, 2021.

1. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

As much as I love summoners and as much as I want to abuse the class currently, they need some tuning asap. All dumbfires besides undead horde is fine. Undead Horde is over performing in pvp and pve by way too much. It could use AT LEAST a 50% damage nerf and it will still be an insanely strong ability.

Also every primary pet is currently overperforming. The tank pet could use a reduction on it's cc duration as well as a damage reduction. The scout pet is bugged and unloads it's full kit within the first second of engaging, that needs to be fixed a long with a damage reduction. The mage pet just needs a damage reduction.

Whether it's the players stats scaling with the pet or just directly the pet, something needs to be done.

There is currently a little too much damage across the board and because it's a fresh server and people are lacking stats, unless you are abusing an overperforming class, (summoner), mages don't stand a chance in pvp. Melee is too strong right now and I'm not convinced that will change when everyone acquires more stats but I hope I'm wrong.
    Melt, Frostfang and Hoiyay like this.
  2. Hoiyay Active Member

You're right.

We have specifically notified the devs of this 2 weeks before beta ended and have consistently told them. With 2 weeks left of beta they said they have done enough and just abandoned tarinax.

Good job Daybreak!
    Frostfang likes this.
  3. Creasote Well-Known Member

It it probably too early to judge the summoner's pet damage. From my experience, the summoner's pet spells always do well on the parse versus regular spells when the summoner is not geared or has apprentice 1 spells as most people are running around with at the moment. They seemed to be in line with scouts and other dps during beta.

Undead Horde damage does need to be reduced this is correct.
    Frostfang likes this.
  4. Stylish Active Member

^ This
    Summoners can upgrade one spell (pet) and half+ their dmg is affected. It lessens as time goes on and people get to 70/get geared.
    Frostfang likes this.
  5. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Scout pets are 100-0'ing people in less than a couple seconds.
    Kriptini likes this.
  6. Hoiyay Active Member

Right now I believe it. And I believe at 70 a geared summoner vs very ungeared will be close to the same. But at 70 geared vs geared really wasn't that bad. Its a force to be recognized, but the pet is really all the summoner has.
  7. Creasote Well-Known Member

This was tested in Beta and the only major complaint was the conjy pet and planeshift. We are talking testing at max level with all master spells and raid gear. 6 v 6 s, not 1 v1 scenarios.

Now we go the present where the game has been out a little over a week, unless you are testing somewhere near Beta level (which I doubt) it is still too early to make these types of recommendations.

What is your proof? Did you do a 6 v 6 at least? I hope this is not based on a 1 v 1 scenario. I play with a good well geared conjy and he is not dusting people in a couple of seconds during group pvp fights, not even close.
  8. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

I've been doing a lot of 6v6 fights at max level. Maybe your fights are low quality or you aren't very familiar with what summoners can do currently? Undead horde has the potential to melt groups and summoners can send their scout pet in have it unload it's full kit in 1 second, kill pet and resummon it so it does it again instantly after.....no one survives that burst.

I understand you're trying to protect the class you're playing, you're enjoying them being overtuned, I get it. You need to come up with a better argument though. It's honestly not a good look when scout pets are capable of 1 shotting people and you're response is "I hope that is not based on a 1v1 scenario." It's clearly a problem 1v1-6v6.
    Melt likes this.
  9. Beee Well-Known Member

Summoners never scaled correct for the last expansions.
    They can't blalance even the two summoners on live - why would you expecct this works on TLE across classes?
    Siren and Fangrim like this.
  10. Creasote Well-Known Member

Show the evidence then for these 6 v 6 fights of max geared / spelled players 10 days into the expansion. I doubt it exists. Then you can make these claims now. Let the game play out before we star crying for reductions and ruin a class. I play a tank but I am familiar with summoners so I guess you think you are clever.

No one is arguing against a reduction of Undead Horde, its been that way since it was tested in Beta.
    Sixgauge likes this.
  11. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

To be fair the main balancing point should be level 70 6v6 50AA fully mastered with best gear available. Resists will be higher with resist gear and master group buffs. I am nowhere near this metric so have no comment on the power of summoners, just chiming in cuz I can.

And as a side note... no clue what the devs have planned, but if avoidance also needs to be tweaked... and if they make both changes at the same time (nerf class + change game mechanic), well who knows what you're going to get.
  12. Perfection New Member

I agree summoners are doing way to much dps especially in pvp.
  13. Sundown New Member

I agree, I think the game has to be balanced for group vs group situation. Of course, some classes have some advantages against others in small content pvp and so what? it was already the case on Nagafen and the game was still game fun to play. That's part of the design of the classes and the game. As long as a balanced group win vs 6 summoners or 6 scouts or whatever, I do not care and will not ask for changes.
  14. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Well there are things that are not currently working as intended as I mentioned. Summoner scout pets using their entire kit of abilities in the first second of engaging taking 80% or more of someone's hp. People defending that are completely idiotic.

You can argue about letting scout pets keep their high damage output but there should be no argument about scout pets using all their damage instantly upon engaging. It should be spread out like every other pet.
    Kriptini likes this.
  15. Partyx New Member

Yes, summoner is not balanced at all. My scout pet and tank pet kill so fast in PvP it isn't even fun after the first few times. Also in PvE, they seem imbalanced. I out-damage all classes easily. The pet just hits SOO hard. Needs a fix asap or everyone should just play summoner.......
  16. Stylish Active Member

You guys need to play a conj at 70 and get wrecked by multiple classes 1v1 before calling for nerfing the class.
    Also, in group PvP at 70, conj is fine (not even top damage). No idea on necros.
  17. dancing baby New Member

why do all the scout classes complain about mages being nurfed...they are not broke..1 stun and 1 dispatch and we flop over dead...i swear if they nurf mages i will cancel my membership because this gets old. we die to scouts before our pet even attacks..
  18. Fulton Active Member

19. MorboNinja New Member

QFT. I can't tell you how many scouts jump all over me before I can hit my pet attack keybind, let alone cast any sort of spell. Same for SK, had one run up to me and just keep knocking me down until I was dead. And forget in a 2 vs 1 situation, I may as well just type in /sit because there's no outfighting a scout + whatever buddy he's running with. I had to stop playing my necro because I got tired of just being a giant wet noodle with a giant "Free Kill" sign over my head.
  20. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

I think you guys are failing to understand tbh. Melee dps is too strong right now, most people agree with that. Brigs with double up and a few CA's and Bruisers with savage assault+dev fist can 2 shot people. Melee deletes casters too quickly for them to do much most of the time. With that said, summoner pets and especially undead horde are still overperforming. Scout pets are blowing all their kit the second they engage (not intended) chunking people by like 80% or more, undead horde is a insta win button whenever it's up if you have nothing to counter it.