Summon mounts in macros

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Thand, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Thand Well-Known Member

>SOE Live Request: Players may now drag game commands such as "Summon Mount," "Melee Attack," "Ranged >Attack" etc. into the Edit Macro window to create a step with the appropriate command.
    While you can drag the summon_mount command into a macro I do not see a way to specify which mount to summon. Just trying to add the use item command on a mount (which only works if mount is in you inventory and not in the mount tab) just says you can not use this item while on a mount. I even tried have it use my current mount to stop using it them use the mount i wanted to use with no luck
    Basically for sake of Convenience i want to add different mounts to my various gear set macros.

For example Petra mount to normal set, Pack Pegasus to Gathering set, and Carpet to tradeskills set
  2. Endymion Developer

I'd like to add a macro method of swapping your mounts at some point; that said, I don't really think mounts belong in equipment sets, which are supposed to capture what you see in your equipment screen. You would also have to resummon your mount to get the benefits of the stats, anyway.
  3. Thand Well-Known Member

actually what would work would be a /dismount command

checked again using 1 mount to dismount and then using the other to mount works but only if you are switching between 2 specific gear sets. For example 2 of my macros 1. /equip_equipment_set 0 "Crafting 2. Use MountA 3. Use MountB and 1 /equip_equipment_set 0 "Normal" 2 Use MountB 3 Use MountA which works unless you add a third gear set into the mix because the third gear set macro does not know if you have MountA or MountB equiped. So haveing a /dismount command in slot 2 would work
  4. Prrasha Well-Known Member

This is already macroable, but needs some additional typing.

/cancel_maintained on your mount "spell". One line for each possible mount, including the one you're about to use.

Then a /summon_mount (for your default mount), or a "use item" macro step (for any other mount, which must be in your bags and not your mount window). You can drag a mount from your bags to your macro window to make a use-item step.

And, of course, "/equip 0 setname".

(If you don't have a cancel command for the mount you're about to use, you'll wind up dismounting if you're already on that mount.)

So if you have "harvest" and "combat" equipment sets, and a Pegasus in your bags and a Pteranodon in your mount window, these two macros will regear and remount you:

/cancel_maintained Call Pegasus
    /cancel_maintained Striped Savage Pteranodon
    /equip 0 harvest
    [use: Far Seas Pack Pegasus]

/cancel_maintained Call Pegasus
    /cancel_maintained Striped Savage Pteranodon
    /equip 0 combat
    /summon_mount

...if you need a 3rd macro, all 3 will need 3 /cancel_maintained lines for the 3 possible mounts. etc. etc.
    Lucus likes this.
  5. Lucus Well-Known Member

Prrasha after reading your post i tried a theory i had come up with.

Edit:
    you can't use /summon_mount with an argument line. the game seems to ignore it with no error message. you'd think they'd let us use argument lines.
  6. Thand Well-Known Member

@