Summary: Panda red runs (championship, glory, juxtaposition, witness)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Miragian, Nov 22, 2022.

1. Miragian Well-Known Member

All of these are IX verses X. identical to the ones already available in the box in the form of abysmal runes.

Additionally, at least currently they, they only work in VoV and guildhalls. Making them slightly worse then the existing.

I assume they were meant to be upgraded to X, stats raised, and worded to work in Guildhall, VoV, and RoR.

Otherwise, in addition to Glory not really being worth using, I'm not sure that any of them are worth messing with over just using the ones I assume are in the box in RoR. If they aren't in the box for RoR than that's another whole issue.
    Beee likes this.
  2. Taled Well-Known Member

According to Caith, none of the Panda adorns are supposed to be granted in Tishans Lockbox gear in RoR. I haven't double checked the adorns since the notes this weekend said they were updated, but I expect that the new Collectors [IX] adorns are the only ones that will work and will be the only way to get them.
  3. Miragian Well-Known Member

I thought I'd seen something like that, just seems weird that adorns that technically came from VoV starter gear suddenly don't work and there was no increase in stats on the new ones. Glory seems like a waste of space, am I wrong?
    Taled likes this.
  4. Bludd Well-Known Member

glory gives cb oc, which looks like it will be very valuable in ror
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    Panda Runes work on beta :)
  6. Miragian Well-Known Member

Not sure that 205 OC is worth it, over putting something else in the slot. Guess I can use it until/unless I have something else to put in there that makes sense.

The beginning of the expansion is going to be the typical pain of going... well, this is more potency and resolve but otherwise trashes my stats, for a while.

Yea, they work but, kinda odd that they are exactly the same tier as the RoS ones.
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

The only problem is that the ones released on the Panda don't have the moniker of renewal of ro zones. That may be getting upgraded when the xpac actually launches, but right now, there's a discrepancy in the Predicates for the two versions.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

From what I've seen in Beta, the major pain is going to be losing some blue stats because you HAVE to have the Resolve for Heroics/Raids, and just as bad losing mitigation on the armor so we'll be more squishy... I'm probably gonna keep my old gear for Solos for a while and just put on new stuff when I have to meet a Resolve requirement, I guess.
    Yenk likes this.
  9. Aethos Well-Known Member

Can we either stop itemizing in such a way that it seems like we should have a gear set for every expansion, or you just give us an equipment set locker that has its own inventory space and doesn't take up inventory space with everything else?

I already carry a ton of gear for pre-BoL content because BoL and above just has so much potency that you literally onetap everything before it when mentoring down.
    Juraiya likes this.
  10. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The Plane of Magic starter gear trivialized everything up through Terror of Thalumbra, and pretty much everyone has account-wide 100 Divine Potency, so I would think you'd have to go around wearing level 1 newbie gear to not be immediately overpowered for most stuff below 100.
    Dude likes this.
  11. Miragian Well-Known Member

The other potential longer term solution would be a complete rework of how mentoring works but, that's potentially not worth the dev time to do.
  12. Bentenn Well-Known Member

You know mitigation hasn't been really worth anything for a long time now right lol.. it hasn't worked in a few years now.
  13. Miragian Well-Known Member

I know it doesn't do much but losing a factor of like 20x mitigation is likely going to cause at least a bit of increased damage taken.
  14. Aethos Well-Known Member

This is correct. You also absolutely cannot cast your mount at any point (unless you change it to a stat-less one) or eat high level food prior to mentoring.

I was mostly referring to more recent expansions though, wherein certain runes simply do not work in certain arbitrary circumstances, or stat alotments vary so vastly that if you want to go back and do old stuff, you may need to hold on to some stuff (such as holding on to doublecast gear if you want to do any VoV raids for achievements, flawless buffs, or spell scrolls).
    Juraiya likes this.