Suggestions, please

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Leloes, May 17, 2018.

1. Leloes Well-Known Member

Not really sure what to choose to play. I usually play elves or half elves.....sometimes humans in most RPG games. But not sure what class to go with. Which solos best to all levels? I know, I know all can but which of the magic/non-magic users are best at soloing at all levels?
  2. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

lol you ask this like you have to hit it perfect the first time, silly rabbit lol even the unlimited time trial account (free to play) has multiple character slots to use. don't be shy try out a couple.

some players choose the race of their character based on native ability's , such as track or flight .

other choose the ones who's appearance is pleasing or matches a facet of their personality in its demeanor.

its up to you ,have some fun and remember you can reroll a character fairly easily . and also remember no matter what any other player says ... its you that will be staring at that avatar for hours at a time ... pick what you like .

Magic use or non use is more a matter of class as opposed to race. though some races do have their power pools and character traits biased toward certain classes , you can still use them for any class its not a big difference for most .

once again , play it for the fun of it .. player opinion changes .. often . sort of like a grumpy two year olds' opinions LOL
    so what ever you do ... have fun !
  3. Leloes Well-Known Member

You are correct on all accounts but I'd still like some input from other players. Thanks, though!:)
  4. Uruketo New Member

I prefer tracking as an ability so I tend to roll: Kerra, Half Elf or Wood Elf. I suppose I would pick a difference race if rolling a scout so I could get tracking from the class.

For a class Conj and Necro's are the most OP and can solo far more than other classes. However, you should play what you find fun.
  5. Leloes Well-Known Member

I played a conjuror last time I played EQ2. They were pretty fun. Never played a Necro because I don't play evil characters. Thanks!
  6. JaySynn New Member

I am playing a wood-elf Beastlord because my wife wanted to play a wood-elf Warden and I needed to compliment her strengths, but at the same time follow a theme.
    I just came back to EQ2 after being away for like 4 years. I started EQ on Day 1 and it has CHANGED SO MUCH. I agree the community has a great deal of helpful input, but unless you are just striving to min/max (which you should be guild hunting as well then) I would agree with the others that picking something you can really sink your RP teeth into is something of a paramount experience.
    I would also suggest since you mentioned RP'ing you make it on the RP Standard server to begin with?
    have fun friend! See you in Kelathin!
  7. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Dark elf, there is at least one dungeon with darkness a major part and dark elves get no-light vision and boy does that help a lot! I still keep that "switch" on my bars for when it gets too dark and I don't have time to play with my monitor settings. Helps a lot!