Suggestions (Bruiser Help)

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Pickleweasle, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Pickleweasle Member

Hey guys.. I have been working hard on my bruiser and am having a lot of fun. I am however sure that I am not maxximizing my abilities. If there is anyone on the boards that can assist me I invite you to check out my stats and aa choices on EQ2U. I am far above bloody tooth gear but not feeling love from my stats. There has got to be a better way to take advantage of what I have so I can grow to what I need. Please feel free to mail me input, suggestions, players to check out or chat with or even shoot me a tell if you just want to convince that playing a bruiser is a huge mistake...lol..not. I can tell what stats I am lacking, but there has to be a reason there are bruisers still weaing bloody tooth and ToT armor and still have me beat by 4k-5k HP and other stats are barely above mine but they seem to be doing a lot more damage. Looking for suggestions on balanced setups that will allow me to hold agro with abilities and high DPS to keep the mob pissed off at me. Thanks
    Sloppier Secconds

EQ2U
    Sloppier
    Bruiser
    Skyfire server
  2. Malleria Well-Known Member

Just a quick look over, there's a few things I'd change. Stat wise your reuse and aoe auto should be capped. I assume you're using temp adorns or something to fix the reuse? Your block chance is pretty high. Personally don't put much faith in block anymore, at least not at the heroic level. With your HP (and more to come) you're not going to be one shot, so you can afford to be hit. Try and change your block visible armor pieces to mit ones, that will mean you don't need to focus as much on mit for your jewellery. You can probably also afford to drop your accuracy a bit, if you need to find reforging stats.

You have a few items with low potency - a wrist, an ear, a charm, and to a lesser extent your neck. Try and get those upgraded to high potency. For the wrist I'd suggest Rite of Devotion from ritual chamber, because it has a nice chunk of ability mod you can reforge.

Start your epic asap! The first item (offhand) is crap, but after that you get some niiiice upgrades.

And if you can afford it plat infusion gives a nice bump in hp/cb/pot too. But I wouldn't recommend that until you're sure you're going to use the item for a while and you really have the plat to burn.

AA-wise, you can grab another 5% max hp in the Wisdom line in the Brawler tab. I don't know how valuable Altruism is for you, but I've never found it too useful (I run often with a shaman though, so certainly helps with group survival).

Heroic, I'd drop two points from Hostility to get that third trigger on your Enhance: Brawler's Tenacity. I also like to take all three heroic endlines, because they're all pretty rocking.

Dragon, you want to max out Ancient Advance, it makes your taunts your best dps abilities except for maybe Boneshattering. I'd also take points out of Last Stand, it's pretty useless. You can move those points into the other two in that line for more hp.

Prestige... go right side. The extra crit bonus alone will launch your dps up. It sucks to lose Impenetrable Will, but you learn to live without it.

Lastly in Prestige (Bruiser), take 3 points out of Imbued Sight (cb) and 3 points out of Undeniable Power (pot) and put all 6 into Enhanced Vigor. Your hp will jump up quite a bit.

Feel free to check out My Bruiser if you like, I only do heroic content, no raiding. And I usually run with the same group, so I'm kinda tailored around what works with them, but you might find it useful.